Detection

wearish

Social Credit
Vape user
Apr '22
I literally just loaded it right now and nothing happened, yes I have v4 installed yes its latest so there is only 2 possible reasons why this is happening.

1. You are cheating

2. You installed something else or have a virus on your pc that is modifying something you don't know about
It could be dependent on other things or versions, playtime, detection times, etc.

1. I am not, and nor are the others who have had this happen to them.

2. I reset recently and only have installed programs from signed and trusted developers, and then again why would a virus be modifying or injecting code into the Fortnite process...

VapeV4 VapeLite

IncognitoDoge

Social Credit
It could be dependent on other things or versions, playtime, detection times, etc.

1. I am not, and nor are the others who have had this happen to them.

2. I reset recently and only have installed programs from signed and trusted developers, and then again why would a virus be modifying or injecting code into the Fortnite process...
Vape doesn’t modify anything on your pc even, it doesn’t make sense.

Also what I meant about the virus thing, EAC as far as I know will try to detect hwid spoofers and stuff so a virus could just be changing something like that, not messing with the fortnite process.

VapeV4

pogama

Social Credit
Vape user
May '22
Perhaps EAC might detect out of instance files from their behavior?
Vape edits minecraft though, and that's probably why EAC falsed.

VapeV4 VapeLite

rofl

Social Credit
Perhaps EAC might detect out of instance files from their behavior?
Vape edits minecraft though, and that's probably why EAC falsed.
Vape does not edit anything it just injects files in the memory while the game is running. There's nothing edited at all.

wearish

Social Credit
Vape user
Apr '22

Also what I meant about the virus thing, EAC as far as I know will try to detect hwid spoofers and stuff so a virus could just be changing something like that, not messing with the fortnite process.
EAC has been known to have falses in the past, and considering vape is injecting and EAC is a client-side anticheat its really easy to false programs like vape, although I can't be completely sure.

VapeV4

pogama

Social Credit
Vape user
May '22
Vape does not edit anything it just injects files in the memory while the game is running. There's nothing edited at all.
Maybe EAC falses because of the injection part as basically every cheat injects into the game?

Zxylnx

Social Credit
I don't think support is gonna be any help tbh, considering vape is a registered company with a big userbase if Manthe sees this and takes action it might be possible to get unbanned but aside from that you'd probably have to HWID spoof. The other thing with Fortnite is you always quit and then come back again when its fun like this season has been.
Exactly. I hope Manthe takes action because this is really unfortunate.

Zxylnx

Social Credit
I'm not sure how Fortnite HWID bans work, but my ban doesn't appear to be HWID. I haven't had the chance to actually play a game yet but I can at least launch with a new account and the appropriate precautions.
You will recieve a full ban in around 24 hours from launch.

VapeV4 VapeLite

IncognitoDoge

Social Credit
Exactly. I hope Manthe takes action because this is really unfortunate.
What is manthe going to do? He doesn’t work for epic also I don’t think that’s what you’re getting banned for, I just tried it now (risked my 8k og user yes) and nothing happened

Zxylnx

Social Credit
What is manthe going to do? He doesn’t work for epic also I don’t think that’s what you’re getting banned for, I just tried it now (risked my 8k og user yes) and nothing happened
We never injected while playing, only while Fortnite was closed. And you won't know you are banned until 24 hours after.

VapeV4 VapeLite

IncognitoDoge

Social Credit
Not what happened, we didn't inject while playing
Then idk, most likely what’s going on here is that they added a detection for some mouse software and it’s triggering it, do you have glorious core or something similar?

Zxylnx

Social Credit
Then idk, most likely what’s going on here is that they added a detection for some mouse software and it’s triggering it, do you have glorious core or something similar?
No, I do not have any of those. My PC is fairly new with not too many programs installed. I am very confident in the fact that Vape V4 has caused this ban. I still won't blame Manthe, but Easy Anti Cheat is the main reason behind this issue.

Zxylnx

Social Credit
Why would they wait 24 hours to ban you if you were actively cheating?
There are multiple forms of bans, one being a blatant detection (resulting in a instant kick from the game), and another being a out of instance detection where Easy Anti Cheat detects the files you have opened since it is a client side AC. The second scenario is what occured with us and it also includes many false bans because it scans files, not your gameplay.

wearish

Social Credit
Vape user
Apr '22
There are multiple forms of bans, one being a blatant detection (resulting in a instant kick from the game), and another being a out of instance detection where Easy Anti Cheat detects the files you have opened since it is a client side AC. The second scenario is what occured with us and it also includes many false bans because it scans files, not your gameplay.
Exactly, but it will always be a permanent ban.