OPTIMIZATIONS NEEDED v2

VapeV4 VapeLite

meowmeow

Social Credit
A while ago I made a thread complaining about performance issues while using certain modules; https://forums.vape.gg/index.php?threads/optimizations-needed.43179/

After I made this thread some things did improve, some modules like nametags (with equipment option) were improved by rendering equipment in a lower resolution than the original pack, if the original pack had high resolution items. Amongst other things. Big thanks to vape for actually looking into this.

Keep in mind I have a decent computer and i've tried optimizing my game in several different ways (using forge btw). I am also aware that some modules will inherently reduce your performance either because they render something extra on your screen or because they have to calculate something, I just feel certain modules reduce your performance by an unreasonable amount compared to similar modules in other clients or lowering your performance to a greater amount than what you would normally expect them to do.

These are the modules I originally complained about & their current "status":

-Explosions [They might be better than when I made the first thread, but they still lower your fps a significant amount when several tnt's are detonated].

-Indicators [Still reduces your performance when a lot of projectiles are suspended in air, "Hit Only" option will have the least amount of performance impact].

-Nametags [As I previously stated nametags were improved in some ways, but it is still inherently a very performance intensive module. If I use the same type of module in other clients with settings that achieve the same things as the ones in Vape (mainly rendering equipment but things like strength indicator & effects also matters to some extent) I won't see as much of a performance impact compared to not using those settings, you can expect this module to impact your performance due to the nature of it but I still feel like it reduces your performance by an unreasonable amount].

-StorageESP [I didn't notice any difference with this enabled].

-AutoArmor [This has since been fixed].

-BedPlates [Didn't notice much of a difference, might have been optimized because I remember this module to have a pretty big impact on performance].

Here are some more that i've discovered needs optimization:

-ESP "Outline" mode [Normally ESP doesn't reduce your fps that much, even when rendering a lot of players. Outline is significantly slower than the other ESP modes].

-Projectiles [When a lot of projectiles are suspended this has a pretty big performance impact].

VapeV4 VapeLite

IncognitoDoge

Social Credit
Glad to know I’m not the only one with the bed plates thing, I have a 3090 and get like 500fps with bedplates enabled lol

VapeV4 VapeLite

kms

Social Credit
Vape user
Jul '21
Glad to know I’m not the only one with the bed plates thing, I have a 3090 and get like 500fps with bedplates enabled lol
i have an integrated gpu and i dont notice a difference (i play with 200-300 fps)

VapeV4 VapeLite

pogama

Social Credit
Vape user
May '22
i have an integrated gpu and i dont notice a difference (i play with 200-300 fps)
Ok

fr, he be talking like 500 fps is bad (which i guess if you own a 3090, the fps is, in fact, relatively bad)
He gets input delay because he probably has a high hz monitor. I have a 60hz and if you want maximum game smoothness, use vsync.