hypixel ban guide

shadeiol

Social Credit
Vape user
Dec '21
Hi guys,

Just prenoting this with the fact that I've had over 50+ accounts banned in the past 6 years. I have a good understanding of the forgiveness system (https://hypixel.net/threads/developer-summary-moderation-forgiveness-system.1849384/) Hypixel has and have had accounts banned of many types, including gamepass accounts, accounts I've mained, then been unbanned on, then mained again, only to get banned again. There are many scenarios with different ban outcomes.

I'm writing this post because I want to share my experience with the forgiveness system and share some transparency on how it works. The forgiveness system on Hypixel isn't really simple , there's many outcomes to each type of ban - some might even call it random.

I'll start by listing every type of ban I've experienced , then I'll try to break down the parameters for a ban.

Gamepass bans: 30d staff ban within 5-24h
Gamepass bans: 180d within 7-14 days
Alt account closet cheat - 30d ban first ban --> 365d second ban (current ban)
Alt account #2 closet cheat - 365d first ban (been cheating on for over 5 months) (current ban)
Alt account #3 closet cheat - 30d first ban -> 180d second ban (current ban)
Main account - 30d first ban - 365d second ban - 30d third ban - 365d fourth ban - 30d fifth ban - 180d sixth ban (current ban)

I noticed that if you cheat blatantly and get banned within 24 hours of cheating Gamepasses are always a 30d ban , which is expected , its the standard ban.
However I noticed 180d bans within Gamepasses if you somehow don't get banned within a week of blatant cheating , this may be a case of the forgiveness system "testing" your account to see if you turn a better leaf and giving you another "chance" despite knowing youre a cheater , thus the harsher first time penalty.

Moving on to closet cheating bans , 30d first ban is also usually expected , but there's occasion where , similarly to my experience on gamepasses I have somehow been first time banned as a 365d ban, why? I suppose its another gimmick with the forgiveness system.

Next up is 180d bans. This is to do with ban levels , if you have a medium ban level after an initial 30d or 365d ban , if you cheat after around 4 months you'll have a 180d ban , anytime before that usually would be a 365d ban. 180d bans can seem quite random though at times, all that differenciates a 180d from a 365 has been the time in between your previous ban and the next ban , 4 months is my current estimate as one of my alts that I didnt play on for 5 months to lower the ban level , then played on got banned for 180d instead of 365 days.

the forgiveness system is random though at times , I still can't explain 365 day first bans , they just make no sense. Another phenomena that happened to my friend , not me is a 90d first ban , like what are these random bans going on? doesn't make sense compared to what majority of people face it just seems nonsensical.

ilovevape123

Social Credit
Hi guys,

Just prenoting this with the fact that I've had over 50+ accounts banned in the past 6 years. I have a good understanding of the forgiveness system (https://hypixel.net/threads/developer-summary-moderation-forgiveness-system.1849384/) Hypixel has and have had accounts banned of many types, including gamepass accounts, accounts I've mained, then been unbanned on, then mained again, only to get banned again. There are many scenarios with different ban outcomes.

I'm writing this post because I want to share my experience with the forgiveness system and share some transparency on how it works. The forgiveness system on Hypixel isn't really simple , there's many outcomes to each type of ban - some might even call it random.

I'll start by listing every type of ban I've experienced , then I'll try to break down the parameters for a ban.

Gamepass bans: 30d staff ban within 5-24h
Gamepass bans: 180d within 7-14 days
Alt account closet cheat - 30d ban first ban --> 365d second ban (current ban)
Alt account #2 closet cheat - 365d first ban (been cheating on for over 5 months) (current ban)
Alt account #3 closet cheat - 30d first ban -> 180d second ban (current ban)
Main account - 30d first ban - 365d second ban - 30d third ban - 365d fourth ban - 30d fifth ban - 180d sixth ban (current ban)

I noticed that if you cheat blatantly and get banned within 24 hours of cheating Gamepasses are always a 30d ban , which is expected , its the standard ban.
However I noticed 180d bans within Gamepasses if you somehow don't get banned within a week of blatant cheating , this may be a case of the forgiveness system "testing" your account to see if you turn a better leaf and giving you another "chance" despite knowing youre a cheater , thus the harsher first time penalty.

Moving on to closet cheating bans , 30d first ban is also usually expected , but there's occasion where , similarly to my experience on gamepasses I have somehow been first time banned as a 365d ban, why? I suppose its another gimmick with the forgiveness system.

Next up is 180d bans. This is to do with ban levels , if you have a medium ban level after an initial 30d or 365d ban , if you cheat after around 4 months you'll have a 180d ban , anytime before that usually would be a 365d ban. 180d bans can seem quite random though at times, all that differenciates a 180d from a 365 has been the time in between your previous ban and the next ban , 4 months is my current estimate as one of my alts that I didnt play on for 5 months to lower the ban level , then played on got banned for 180d instead of 365 days.

the forgiveness system is random though at times , I still can't explain 365 day first bans , they just make no sense. Another phenomena that happened to my friend , not me is a 90d first ban , like what are these random bans going on? doesn't make sense compared to what majority of people face it just seems nonsensical.
So its just luck lmao

shadeiol

Social Credit
Vape user
Dec '21
So its just luck lmao
i had a gamepass which never got banned no matter what i did on it

so yeah its more about how many times you are reported in an hour + how blatant you are at the START of a game
atlas is only effective if you are reported alot and super blatant , otherwise even if you bhop at the end of a game atlas rarely will get you banned even if staff are thorough

Xghh

Social Credit
I've had a 30d ("ban level" expired) --> 30d -->180d (currently banned)
Both 30 days were because i used an anarchy client for visuals, toggled aura by accident and got dogged shortly after. The 180d was for closeting while having a medium ban level.

shadeiol

Social Credit
Vape user
Dec '21
I've had a 30d ("ban level" expired) --> 30d -->180d (currently banned)
Both 30 days were because i used an anarchy client for visuals, toggled aura by accident and got dogged shortly after. The 180d was for closeting while having a medium ban level.
nowadays if ban level expires 180d is inevitable if you are caught cheating again from what i've seen , if not 365d.

Xghh

Social Credit
nowadays if ban level expires 180d is inevitable if you are caught cheating again from what i've seen , if not 365d.
Yeah. The fact that i can get banned for 6 months to a year is why i only autoclick and use aim assist now, i could use higher but i cant be bothered potentially getting banned for using .2 extra blocks of reach.

messi

Social Credit
Vape user
Jul '22
what about perma bans? i have a friend whos been perma-banned for years

VapeV4 VapeLite

meowmeow

Social Credit
Reason? Im pretty sure the longest ban is a year now, they don't do perm ones anymore at least not if there isn't a special reason.

kyrooo

Social Credit
you can't get perma banned for cheating you can get banned for the following:

Repetitive heavy vandalism, harsh profanity, threats, links to M-Rated content, obtaining personal information of a user, violating FANDOM's Terms of Use, violating the COPPA (Children's Online Privacy Protection Act), or other threats the admin team deems worth will most likely result in a permanent ban.

messi

Social Credit
Vape user
Jul '22
Reason? Im pretty sure the longest ban is a year now, they don't do perm ones anymore at least not if there isn't a special reason.
it was a false-ban. i know he has never hacked and i doubt he has the knowledge to even try lol

messi

Social Credit
Vape user
Jul '22
you can't get perma banned for cheating you can get banned for the following:

Repetitive heavy vandalism, harsh profanity, threats, links to M-Rated content, obtaining personal information of a user, violating FANDOM's Terms of Use, violating the COPPA (Children's Online Privacy Protection Act), or other threats the admin team deems worth will most likely result in a permanent ban.
nah he got perma'd for what staff thought was cheating

shiver

Social Credit
the only perm bans as far as I know that are still handed out are chargeback bans but you can still get unbanned if you pay it back and also security bans but those will get reduced if you appeal

kyrooo

Social Credit
the only perm bans as far as I know that are still handed out are chargeback bans but you can still get unbanned if you pay it back and also security bans but those will get reduced if you appeal
yes i think youre correct