Friends Update Discussion

VapeV4 VapeLite

IncognitoDoge

Social Credit
I'm genuinely surprised this is what that is, honestly I don't think its a good idea at all 💀

You can probably see where I'm going with this, I'm not saying that Hypixel is going to do some "sting operation" on cheaters going undercover etc but I could see how a smaller server might set something like this up (the ones that do all the weird shit like screensharing) also it'll just open doors for people to buy vape for solely exposing cheaters....

VapeV4 VapeLite

meowmeow

Social Credit
I'm genuinely surprised this is what that is, honestly I don't think its a good idea at all 💀

You can probably see where I'm going with this, I'm not saying that Hypixel is going to do some "sting operation" on cheaters going undercover etc but I could see how a smaller server might set something like this up (the ones that do all the weird shit like screensharing) also it'll just open doors for people to buy vape for solely exposing cheaters....
Well as long as the friends list is private and there are privacy options to disable stuff that would "expose" you its fine. I think its a pretty cool addition imo, I really like the message system and some of these features seem very unique. I just don't think a lot of people will have a use out of this + the only updates for months have been a few silent updates (adding great stuff but not a main update). I just hope we get more updates that don't take too long, there has been a lot of good suggestions and tbh they should look over those and add some.

Manthe

Admin
Social Credit
Vape user
Dec '15

This is absolutely not for finding new friends or playing with random people as you suggested, nor is there any way to do so.

There is no public registry of users. No discovery/find friends feature. You should not be adding people that you wouldn’t already be telling that you’re cheating.

It’s really simple, in the same way that you wouldn’t go into a discord and tell people you’re cheating, you wouldn’t add random friends. It’s not that deep and doesn’t have to be an irrational baseless fear.

VapeV4

TooEasy

Social Credit
Vape user
Apr '23
I see how this update could be cool and useful but im pretty sure that most of the vape users dont cheat with friends (myself included). This update will only be use-full for the 1 percent of users that do cheat with friends.

Overall im 50-50 on this update. On one hand its cool for some people on the other its completely useless to me and I will probably never use it.

VapeV4 VapeLite

Alexx

Social Credit
Vape user
Jan '20
If you don't know already: https://forums.vape.gg/index.php?threads/friend-update-info.45753/

What do you think about it?
This shit is so fucking cool. You can ping locations in Minecraft. You can add people without having to type their username over and over. This is just group cheating refined to an extremely high level. You can even hide your inventory from other party members to be extra greedy. The reason I like this update so much, despite the fact that I will rarely utilize it, is the fact that it is exactly the direction in which I want vape to go. Since we already have all the necessary features, going all out in certain areas to refine them is great for the future of the client.

VapeV4 VapeLite

IncognitoDoge

Social Credit
This is absolutely not for finding new friends or playing with random people as you suggested, nor is there any way to do so.

There is no public registry of users. No discovery/find friends feature. You should not be adding people that you wouldn’t already be telling that you’re cheating.

It’s really simple, in the same way that you wouldn’t go into a discord and tell people you’re cheating, you wouldn’t add random friends. It’s not that deep and doesn’t have to be an irrational baseless fear.
I didn’t think there was any public registery or anything like that, not what I meant. I’m saying that theoretically someone COULD pretend to be friends with you
for the soul purpose to expose them.

Yes it’s an irrational fear, you have that point, still a possibility is all I’m saying.

ineedausername

Social Credit
Vape user
Jan '23

ok now tell us the update before more rumors start

VapeV4 VapeLite

IncognitoDoge

Social Credit
ok now tell us the update before more rumors start

VapeV4 VapeLite

meowmeow

Social Credit
Yes it’s an irrational fear, you have that point, still a possibility is all I’m saying.
I dont think anyone who pretends to be legit and cares alot about potentially getting exposed would use this, they don't have to. So its fine.
This shit is so fucking cool. You can ping locations in Minecraft. You can add people without having to type their username over and over. This is just group cheating refined to an extremely high level. You can even hide your inventory from other party members to be extra greedy. The reason I like this update so much, despite the fact that I will rarely utilize it, is the fact that it is exactly the direction in which I want vape to go. Since we already have all the necessary features, going all out in certain areas to refine them is great for the future of the client.
Yeah, it feels really refined. Some of these features feel really unique and they're something I wouldn't be able to come up with at all by myself. They for sure took a couple extra steps with this beyond what was just necessary.

Manthe

Admin
Social Credit
Vape user
Dec '15
I didn’t think there was any public registery or anything like that, not what I meant. I’m saying that theoretically someone COULD pretend to be friends with you
for the soul purpose to expose them.

It’s an extremely unlikely situation that would probably never happen. If you’re dumb enough to tell random people that you’re cheating then you’ve already turned yourself in. This doesn’t facilitate that in any way.

ineedausername

Social Credit
Vape user
Jan '23
oh i didnt read that ty

ineedausername

Social Credit
Vape user
Jan '23
It’s an extremely unlikely situation that would probably never happen. If you’re dumb enough to tell random people that you’re cheating then you’ve already turned yourself in. This doesn’t facilitate that in any way.
i mean even if you do admit, they still need like video proof to ban, so unless ur dumb enough to record while cheating blatently then go back to school

ineedausername

Social Credit
Vape user
Jan '23
1687916699763.png
@Manthe will friends update fix the green + circle. This is affecting my mental health greatly and I don't know if I will make it out if it isn't fixed.

VapeV4

SamTheSweat

Social Credit
Vape user
Jun '18
I don't have any friends to cheat on a Minecraft server with, and it's been on my mind lately.

I know cheating can be controversial, and I understand and respect that. But sometimes, having a mischievous and playful group of friends to explore the game with can add an extra layer of excitement and laughter. It's like an inside joke or a secret shared among comrades.

So, this is more of a humorous shout-out rather than a serious request. If by any chance there are fellow players out there who also lack "cheating buddies" and find themselves in a similar situation, feel free to share your stories or experiences. Let's bring a touch of lightheartedness to the Minecraft community and maybe even inspire a few chuckles along the way!

Remember, this is all in good fun, and I fully support playing the game in a fair and respectful manner. Let's keep the Minecraft spirit alive and continue enjoying this incredible game together!

VapeV4

AlwaysSupra

Social Credit
Vape user
Mar '18
a nice addition, totally innovative, just obviously a little controversial, regarding the reliability of friendship, I think there should be a broader check that can verify the reliability of the player trying to add you or the player you are adding, just for people half mentally limited, apart from that are good options.

VapeV4

flango

Social Credit
Vape user
Oct '20
a nice addition, totally innovative, just obviously a little controversial, regarding the reliability of friendship, I think there should be a broader check that can verify the reliability of the player trying to add you or the player you are adding, just for people half mentally limited, apart from that are good options.
Nice supra

VapeV4 VapeLite

lolscary

Social Credit
I see how this update could be cool and useful but im pretty sure that most of the vape users dont cheat with friends (myself included). This update will only be use-full for the 1 percent of users that do cheat with friends.

Overall im 50-50 on this update. On one hand its cool for some people on the other its completely useless to me and I will probably never use it.
Totally agree with this.