An Actual Guide To Hypixel's (Complicated) Ban System.

ZappyMonster

Social Credit
Vape user
Apr '22
If it’s under account level 21 yes it’ll get security / suspicious activity banned (you can just appeal that too or use a vpn lol)
But if I wait for my other account to be unbanned so there are no bans currently on my IP then the security ban will be ok right?

VapeV4 VapeLite

Linda

Social Credit
Quick question.
My main is on vacation for a 360d ban - how will things look once that account is unbanned ? What will the ban times be afterwards and is there a chance for a perm ban ?

VapeV4 VapeLite

IncognitoDoge

Social Credit
Quick question.
My main is on vacation for a 360d ban - how will things look once that account is unbanned ? What will the ban times be afterwards and is there a chance for a perm ban ?
If you had a year ban you were either banned for 30d and again within 3 months or you already had like 2 - 3 bans so after it’s probably going to be a year regardless.

They don’t do permanent bans anymore because of money.

VapeV4 VapeLite

bruh6969

Social Credit
So.. I didn't really think about making another guide but I see a lot of misinformation and misconceptions that myself and others have to clear up so I'm making this one last thing just so everyone has a general idea of how it works since it gets VERY complicated.

For the other nerds, the source to all of this is an anti cheat dev (who I will not name to avoid exposing my real identity.) Yes you are kind of just taking my word for this but I have no reason to lie just like I had no reason to lie in all of my other guides.

In order to understand how ban lengths all work you have to understand the 3 different types of bans handed out; they are as follows:

- Competitive Bans (Cheating, Stats Boosting)
- Minor Bans (Extreme Chat Infraction, Inappropriate Building, Etc)
- Permanent Bans (Security Alerts, Chargeback)

Just to make it clear, this is not how Hypixel lists these officially, this is just how I'm naming them to make this guide less confusing HOWEVER this system is still how ban lengths are determined.

Since this is the VAPE forums, it only seems right to discuss how cheating bans are measured. Cheating bans are categorized as competitive bans meaning that after you are unbanned you can check your competitive ban status in game and it'll be active meaning that you are forbidden from playing any game that is deemed competitive.

Also small note, I believe that exploiting used to count as a competitive ban but may've been removed. I'm not 100% sure on this since it's very hard to get banned for exploits in the first place and I don't know of anyone that has been banned for that reason but I thought it was worth mentioning.

To start off, lets say you have a clean account; your first competitive ban will ALWAYS be 30 days and has a 1 month penalty after being unbanned that prevents you from playing any competitive game. If you get banned for ANY REASON within 3 months of your first competitive ban, you get banned for 1 year. If you get banned from 4 - 5 months of a 30 day competitive ban, the timer will change to 180 days. Anything after 6 months will just reset back to 30 days HOWEVER THAT ONLY HAPPENS ONCE. Hypixel did this to make sure that people cannot abuse the system since if you think about it 30 days isn't actually that bad.

Here is a cheat sheet to understand it better:

First 30 Day Ban

Banned within 3 months = 1 year
Banned within 4 - 5 months = 180 days (Occurs One Time)
Banned after 6 months = 30 days (Occurs One Time)

Now you may be asking, lets say you get banned once for 30 days, nothing happens for 6 months until you get banned for a 2nd 30 days. What happens here is the same system except now, if you get banned for ANY reason within 5 months, you get banned for a year. After 6 months you will receive 180 days.

Anything after this is kinda self explanatory, if you get a 30 day and a 180 day, anything after is 1 year, if you get a 30 day with a year, anything after is also a year and so on.
If you've been banned on a lot of accounts, some red flags might be raised right now for you; In the previous spoiler I've only mentioned 1 year, 180 day, and 30 day bans... What about people that have been banned for 90 days, how does this work? That is where the minor bans come into play and it gets even more complicated... To make it short, a minor ban is just anything that isn't classified as competitive that is also timed.

Your first minor ban will either be 7 days or 30 days, as far as I know the only 7 day bans are for drawing something inappropriate in build battle or pixel painters and 30 days for everything else. This ban system is similar to the competitive ban system but a little less harsh. If you get banned for ANY reason within 3 months of a MINOR ban you only get banned for 180 days, if you get banned within 4 - 5 months of a minor ban you get 90 days and this is also where people have somehow gotten 90 days for cheating or boosting, only happens if they were banned for something stupid beforehand. After 6 months it just resets again to 30 or 7 days (build battle offenses lol.)

Cheat Sheet:

7 OR 30 Day Minor Ban (First)

Banned within 3 months = 180 days
Banned within 4 - 5 months = 90 days (Once)
Banned after 6 months = 7 or 30 days (Once I think)

At this point hopefully you have a decent understanding and can kind of fit the pieces together, I'll quickly explain some other things, for minor bans no it does not matter if your next ban is competitive or not the time is still the same, if you get 2 30 day / 7 days itll always be 90 days after, if you get banned again after that its 180 and so on.

ALSO in case you are wondering yes it is possible to get banned for a year for a minor offense, you would have to get banned once for 7 or 30 days, followed by getting banned again within 5 months for 180 days or 90 days and getting banned again shortly after those bans. It's possible but very hard to (why would you want to get banned for something that stupid anyways..?)
Is the max ban 365d or 360d

VapeV4 VapeLite

Merryzz

Social Credit
Vape user
May '20
if an account has like 5 bans = it will always get 360d no matter if no bans in the last year, right?
i recently got my 3rd 365d ban on my main account "Merryzz" for some reason they dont perma ban me lol
i got banned right after i uploaded the vid to yt

VapeV4 VapeLite

pogama

Social Credit
Vape user
May '22
i recently got my 3rd 365d ban on my main account "Merryzz" for some reason they dont perma ban me lol
They don't do those anymore because it was losing them out on money, right?

VapeV4 VapeLite

pogama

Social Credit
Vape user
May '22
Also keep in mind you might get 1800d banned for being a cheating community member. 1 of my friends did get banned although he wasn't very famous in the cheating community.

VapeV4 VapeLite

IncognitoDoge

Social Credit
Also keep in mind you might get 1800d banned for being a cheating community member. 1 of my friends did get banned although he wasn't very famous in the cheating community.
Distributing cheat software? That’s only if you develop it not advertise, they find it via GitHub stuff usually

VapeV4 VapeLite

IncognitoDoge

Social Credit
if an account has like 5 bans = it will always get 360d no matter if no bans in the last year, right?
Actually I don’t think so.

This is kind of a mini announcement in this reply, apparently I’ve heard reports that even having 2+ previous bans the counter will reset to 30d still, didn’t test this so toggle at your own risk lmao

KanyeEast

Social Credit
its possbile to be chat banned for 14 days happened to me once, not sure if it had to do with stacking muted or other bans but interesting ban duration length, I think ban message was "use of inappropriate topics on server" or some bs along those lines