[Analysis] NEW Hypixel Bans, Anticheat, & More...

VapeV4

Seru

Social Credit
Vape user
Sep '20
Yes they're starting to realize closet cheating is a big threat.
I believe that Admins (for Skyblock) ban brand new accounts with odd skills and stats, especially when that new account is doing one thing so much like farming. But for other gamemodes unrelated to Skyblock, I believe Admins base it off of reports, account level, and statistics, so let's say you were level 1000 in Bedwars, maybe admins would think you are just a good player (this doesn't include ranks, they will ban any rank). But this is the case with Skyblock, if are a brand new profile macroing, they will probably know.

VapeV4

Seru

Social Credit
Vape user
Sep '20
Most of the people you are describing accuse legits of hacking. I would use only autoclicker and get accused of hacking, I was even accused of hacking on build battle.

I don't think that's the reason.
Hypixel has always known that cheating was a pretty big problem in their community, so it's really odd why they chose now to start improving moderation tools & etc, when they could have done that years ago. Especially in 2020 when cheating was really big.

VapeV4

Seru

Social Credit
Vape user
Sep '20
off topic but in about june 2021 i discovered raven b3 and thought closet settings were:
- 6-6 reach
- 0 100 velo
- keepsprint
- max aa
- 5 hitboxes
i always played nicked (this was my mvp++ hyp level 95 main) i was a pit & ranked skywars player who was so fucking ass that i couldnt even get past gold div 💀
You definitely traveled back to 2015 when those settings were considered closet. (joking, it was like 4.5 and 40% velo, no aa but trigger bot was big)

VapeV4 VapeLite

meowmeow

Social Credit
were level 1000 in Bedwars, maybe admins would think you are just a good player
As a high level in bedwars, I lasted for probably half a year or more toggling autoblock + keepsprint + 0 velocity on cheaters & whenever I felt like it really. Yeah reports are definitely not prioritized for people with a high level. Can't say for skyblock but I have a hard time believing you would get banned if you're actually legit, even if you farm a lot or whatever.

VapeV4 VapeLite

meowmeow

Social Credit
Most of the people you are describing accuse legits of hacking. I would use only autoclicker and get accused of hacking, I was even accused of hacking on build battle.

I don't think that's the reason.
They don't give a shit about nons accusing others of cheating. I've probably gotten accused more times when I was actually legit than when I was cheating, they care about long time players that either resort to cheating themselves or quit the game because its "unplayable" (it really isn't but legit players loveeee complaining and saying the game is unplayable because they went against 1 cheater).

A few closet cheaters? Not a problem. But when a majority of high level players (amongst others) resort to cheating it becomes a big problem, especially with how common and normalized cheating is now. You can admit to cheating as a high status player and barely anyone would even care, that's how normal it is now.

VapeV4

Seru

Social Credit
Vape user
Sep '20
As a high level in bedwars, I lasted for probably half a year or more toggling autoblock + keepsprint + 0 velocity on cheaters & whenever I felt like it really. Yeah reports are definitely not prioritized for people with a high level. Can't say for skyblock but I have a hard time believing you would get banned if you're actually legit, even if you farm a lot or whatever.
Actually, new stuff in Skyblock is being detected as I've heard, ghost blocks (created not legitimately) are bannable because you're sending block-breaking packets and game masters can see that.

Along with auto-solvers (eg. auto terminals etc), but in this case, for other gamemodes it would be chest stealer, is also being detected (specifically on spectate).

In addition with that, (for Skyblock) if you are reported, Admins will eventually check or spectate you, since all reports are still manually reviewed by Admins (gamemodes that are unrelated to Skyblock, Admins can use Atlas to prioritize people who others deemed were cheating and push them up in chronological order)

In this case, all sorts of players would get banned, which doesn't exclude high-level players, though, it could be coincidental.

VapeV4 VapeLite

meowmeow

Social Credit
Actually, new stuff in Skyblock is being detected as I've heard, ghost blocks (created not legitimately) are bannable because you're sending block-breaking packets and game masters can see that.

Along with auto-solvers (eg. auto terminals etc), but in this case, for other gamemodes it would be chest stealer, is also being detected (specifically on spectate).

In addition with that, (for Skyblock) if you are reported, Admins will eventually check or spectate you, since all reports are still manually reviewed by Admins (gamemodes that are unrelated to Skyblock, Admins can use Atlas to prioritize people who others deemed were cheating and push them up in chronological order)

In this case, all sorts of players would get banned, which doesn't exclude high-level players, though, it could be coincidental.
I still highly doubt they check every report. They use ai to prioritize reports (and when it comes to less serious stuff like mutes they even do it automatically and later review them). Generally you won't last as long on a fresh account as if you had used a high level account, even if you were to cheat in high level queues with people that are more likely to know that you're cheating and actually report you.

VapeV4

Seru

Social Credit
Vape user
Sep '20
I still highly doubt they check every report. They use ai to prioritize reports (and when it comes to less serious stuff like mutes they even do it automatically and later review them). Generally you won't last as long on a fresh account as if you had used a high level account, even if you were to cheat in high level queues with people that are more likely to know that you're cheating and actually report you.
Based on everything, cheaters would likely report each other, if you really think about it.

VapeV4 VapeLite

meowmeow

Social Credit
Based on everything, cheaters would likely report each other, if you really think about it.
Wdym? I think its the opposite. If you're cheating yourself (assuming you're using something that can potentially get you staffed) you're most likely not gonna report a cheater you go up against, at least I didn't whenever I cared about the account. Toggling on a blatant cheater is probably pretty risky too, if they get reported a bunch you might just end up in the crossfire when staff check those reports whereas someone on a main account is unlikely to get reported enough as they won't go randomly cheat in skywars and accumulate reports.

Tldr if the person you're up against cares about their account I doubt they'll report you, if you end up fighting (and toggling) on eachother just because they wanna avoid the risk of potentially getting caught in the crossfire.

VapeV4 VapeLite

pogama

Social Credit
Vape user
May '22
Wdym? I think its the opposite. If you're cheating yourself (assuming you're using something that can potentially get you staffed) you're most likely not gonna report a cheater you go up against, at least I didn't whenever I cared about the account. Toggling on a blatant cheater is probably pretty risky too, if they get reported a bunch you might just end up in the crossfire when staff check those reports whereas someone on a main account is unlikely to get reported enough as they won't go randomly cheat in skywars and accumulate reports.

Tldr if the person you're up against cares about their account I doubt they'll report you, if you end up fighting (and toggling) on eachother just because they wanna avoid the risk of potentially getting caught in the crossfire.
Yeah, but blatant cheaters are very likely to report people toggling on them. Why? Because their account lasts only several hours before getting banned. I also doubt that they have any info on who reported them etc. so if you don't call them out in chat, you can report them. Especially if you're using a config that can't be detected/staffed.

VapeV4

Seru

Social Credit
Vape user
Sep '20

Many cheaters act like they are legit, at least some that I've met, and they'll report anyone more blatant than them, or at least whenever they get killed by them.

VapeV4 VapeLite

pogama

Social Credit
Vape user
May '22
Many cheaters act like they are legit, at least some that I've met, and they'll report anyone more blatant than them, or at least whenever they get killed by them.
And just reporting them won't get you reported back by them.

VapeV4 VapeLite

meowmeow

Social Credit
Yes so do I when I just use closet settings. I meant that if you toggle something that can potentially get you staff banned yourself you might not report them, just incase staff checks the report and sees that you're also cheating.

VapeV4

Seru

Social Credit
Vape user
Sep '20
Yes so do I when I just use closet settings. I meant that if you toggle something that can potentially get you staff banned yourself you might not report them, just incase staff checks the report and sees that you're also cheating.
Depends, cause once staff confirms that they were cheating they will just ban them, not watch the entire replay.

VapeV4 VapeLite

meowmeow

Social Credit
Depends, cause once staff confirms that they were cheating they will just ban them, not watch the entire replay.
Yeah but if you're there fighting the cheater while autoblocking yourself you'll be caught in the crossfire, which is what I meant.

VapeV4

Seru

Social Credit
Vape user
Sep '20
Yeah but if you're there fighting the cheater while autoblocking yourself you'll be caught in the crossfire, which is what I meant.
Well of course, it depends on how the staff sees replays, because for Atlas, everybody is renamed and the suspect is highlighted, so if the Staff have the same thing as Atlas but in their own version that may or may not do the same thing, there's still a chance. (

VapeV4 VapeLite

meowmeow

Social Credit
Well of course, it depends on how the staff sees replays, because for Atlas, everybody is renamed and the suspect is highlighted, so if the Staff have the same thing as Atlas but in their own version that may or may not do the same thing, there's still a chance. (
They have more tools and access to more information. Besides you can still report someone else in the public version (atlas).

VapeV4 VapeLite

pogama

Social Credit
Vape user
May '22
Oh, they don't hide other's usernames?
I don't see the point of why they should. There might be other cheaters in that same game and if their username is hidden, I suppose staff wouldn't be able to ban them.