[Analysis] NEW Hypixel Bans, Anticheat, & More...

VapeV4

Seru

Social Credit
Vape user
Sep '20
Hypixel Analysis 3.0

Hello again, this will be my 3rd analysis, I will again re-introduce myself as again, there are new people who don't know me and it has been over a year since I posted my second analysis; however, I am Seru, I quit going onto the Vape Forums daily right around March 2021, this is due to the fact that my account was unbanned from Hypixel, and I was able to play Hypixel Skyblock with my friends, and I began to neglect the forums more & more, I got on less and less until I completely stopped for a year in June 2021. The reason I am making this 3rd analysis is because of the way Hypixel has begun to execute punishments on players, specifically for Cheating through the use of unfair game advantages. In the past 4 months beginning in May of 2023, I have purchased 8 accounts accumulating up to ~$3000, mainly because of the Skyblock statistics the accounts had, so you might say that I am really a Hypixel Skyblock enthusiast. This analysis will be split into 2 parts, one for Bans related to Skyblock and the second for Bans unrelated to Skyblock (ex. Bedwars, Duels, Skywars, etc). These 8 accounts that I've purchased have all been banned for Cheating through the use of unfair game advantages. I will link previous guides & analyses below that I've posted over the years because they are still valuable in information.

1.0 Analysis
2.0 Analysis

Bans Related To Skyblock
Macros & Automation Summary:
  • Macros, scripts, automation tools, &, etc are made for things in Skyblock such as farming, fishing, foraging, mining, & more. Basically a "Quality of Life" to pretty much not play the game but progress, though, against Hypixel's rules, people still do it. If you are caught macroing, scripting, using automation tools, or even abusing the "F11 Bug" to progress in the game without needing to be attended or in this case "away from keyboard", you will be punished, a variety of punishments may follow, the most common one is Cheating through the use of unfair game advantages or Boosting (your account to improve your stats / detected on one or multiple SkyBlock profiles).
Evolution:
  • The Hypixel Administration Team over time has evolved and actually has gotten smarter (surprisingly), and instead of using "captchas" that don't result in a ban, they now do frequent "macro checks" with new ones being added every 2-3 weeks or so. Some examples of these checks are placing a dirt block and stopping you from farming to see if you'd react, rotating you and see if you react, teleporting you to a bedrock cage to see if you'd react, and there are many more checks; however, if you do not react to these checks, they will ban you.
    • QOL Mod Developers have also taken steps to create "failsafes", some cheap ones will just disable the macro, and some high-end ones will stop the macro and react to the macro check and pretend to be a real player. Depending on which administrator spectates you, some have passed the check and some haven't, it's all up to chance. It's recommended that you are still attended to your computer to react to these macro checks, so sleeping with it on isn't an option anymore.
      • Macro checks are starting to improve, and so are admins as they are now banning even if the failsafe reacts.
        • So, how do we (the players) bypass the admins like we did before, well, I'm not sure honestly, my advice is to just macro for only a couple of hours a day and not to do it extensively.
          • My personal experience with these macro checks is that I've passed some, but in my most recent ban, dating 2 days ago, I was caught in a ban wave, all staff, and it's believed that they are now relying on "AI" to detect repetitive sequences, and basically just ban out of suspicion without evidence.
Bans Unrelated To Skyblock
Blatant Cheating:
  • Blatantly cheating has always been a risky thing to do; however, players still do it and have bypassed punishments and possibly will continue to bypass. Hypixel no longer uses NoCheatPlus, and now only relies on Watch Dog. Watch Dog has always been sort of an anticheat, as players are able to fly across the map without being banned, but that isn't the main point of Watch Dog, as it's only used to detect common blatant and basically shitty client cheats. The actual alert and detection system in Watch Dog is

VapeV4

Seru

Social Credit
Vape user
Sep '20
now actually dangerous when it comes to closet cheating and the blatant settings that bypass (possibly formerly). Watch Dog is paired with Atlas (Hypixel's Report System), which is also paired with Hypixel's Replay System which has been heavily optimized since the last time I spoke about it in my second analysis.
  • Basically, what I'm trying to say, is that if you are a blatant cheater (check around forums if you don't know what blatant settings are), I recommend you not do it on your main account as it's much riskier now, and you pretty much are faced with a 90% guarantee ban.
    • This 90% did not come out of anywhere, because now if you are reported an (x) amount of times, your games will be reviewed, especially with the players that have reported you. You may find out more information here which explains how the Hypixel Development Team has optimized reports.
      • I would also like to note that if you continue to consider blatantly cheating, I recommend using actual disabler clients and if you don't have money to afford a good one, use Beaner Net for Vape or Clumsy to lag yourself to ~150-180ms for the casual blatant cheats (3.5-3.7)
Closet Cheating:
  • Closet cheating has always been mostly everybody who doesn't want their main accounts banned go-to, though it's unfortunate that I have to say that multiple of my friends who are in the low latency spectrum have been banned for using settings as low as 3.1-3.2. So depending on your latency and how you want your settings to be, each setting may vary to very closet or semi-blatant, since I fall into the average latency spectrum, ~80ms, I am able to use settings such as 3.3-3.6 without getting banned. But with Hypixel's optimized report & replay system, along with optimizations and improvements to Watch Dog, we might need a new "outline" of what closet cheating settings will look like.
    • Not saying that Watch Dog or Hypixel's Replay or Report System will cause you to be banned if you are using closet settings with higher latency, but I do recommend that everybody who is closet cheating on the low and average latency spectrum to use Beaner Net or Clumsy to at least have a better chance of bypassing.
Conclusion

The final thing I want to leave off on is that you still might have not or may not be affected by these improvements to Hypixel's Cheat Detection, I just want everybody to be cautious of what you use on your main account, as delayed bans are a thing, and one day you might have just wanted to use more blatant settings, then two days later you will be faced with a ban, so don't make the same mistake I've made these past 4 months, and stay safe from these ban waves. Staff Bans average have actually increased by 50% so you be wary of that. I know I may have not mentioned some topics or left vague others; however, I make analyses of what I can prove and have experienced, and I've mainly played Hypixel Skyblock over the past 4 months, and have been through 8 accounts, only 1 of them being a ban for something unrelated for Skyblock. I might make a part 2 for Analysis 3.0, but I don't think I'll have time cause I'm buying my 9th account and will be a bit more careful with it and hopefully not get banned again.

See you all in the upcoming Analysis 4.0 in 2024!

VapeV4

Seru

Social Credit
Vape user
Sep '20
Bro just said common knowledge
Actually, not common knowledge, huge ban waves have just happened in the past 2 days, as well as I'm just stating the knowledge for clueless (clueless as in people who think 4.2 reach & 50% horizontal velocity is closet cheating) people as well as new people (new people to the cheating community). Improvements to Watch Dog happened 3-4 days ago as I've heard.

VapeV4 VapeLite

meowmeow

Social Credit
Only going on things that i've heard from other people but even settings that were previously closet might be somewhat unsafe now, an example is 3,4 reach at ~200ms. Either case Hypixel has been improving their moderation & anticheat considerably compared to before, it seems like they actually take it a bit more seriously now and focus on more things than just patching bhops and fly.

Cheating isn't safe but neither is playing legit as false bans can occur, ideally if you were to cheat at least make sure it wouldn't be any more unsafe than playing legit but honestly its kinda hard to know now especially since there are so many mixed results/misinformation floating around.
Improvements to Watch Dog happened 3-4 days ago as I've heard.
Do you know anything more about this?

VapeV4

Seru

Social Credit
Vape user
Sep '20
Only going on things that i've heard from other people but even settings that were previously closet might be somewhat unsafe now, an example is 3,4 reach at ~200ms. Either case Hypixel has been improving their moderation & anticheat considerably compared to before, it seems like they actually take it a bit more seriously now and focus on more things than just patching bhops and fly.

Cheating isn't safe but neither is playing legit as false bans can occur, ideally if you were to cheat at least make sure it wouldn't be any more unsafe than playing legit but honestly its kinda hard to know now especially since there are so many mixed results/misinformation floating around.

Do you know anything more about this?
Yes, cheating on Hypixel isn't safe, but when it comes to risk and the probability of when or if you'll get caught, is what drives cheaters.

I am more indulged and involved with the Skyblock Cheating Community, so I just know that they made a lot more improvements with detections when it comes to Skyblock Cheats, it's most likely the same with Cheats unrelated to Skyblock as well.

VapeV4 VapeLite

IncognitoDoge

Social Credit
The people banned with 3.2 just used something in the past that watchdog found and banned, that’s it. Where is everyone getting that closet detections are occurring?

That is literally not possible, you can further prove this by just looking at people who use 3.3 on a daily basis and ONLY 3.3, they aren’t banned. People who blatantly cheated before are now getting all banned. That’s all that’s happening here.

VapeV4 VapeLite

IncognitoDoge

Social Credit
Also high latency doesn’t have any affect on detections I’ve come to realize because the server generally has bad lag spikes every 30 mins

VapeV4

Seru

Social Credit
Vape user
Sep '20
The people banned with 3.2 just used something in the past that watchdog found and banned, that’s it. Where is everyone getting that closet detections are occurring?

That is literally not possible, you can further prove this by just looking at people who use 3.3 on a daily basis and ONLY 3.3, they aren’t banned. People who blatantly cheated before are now getting all banned. That’s all that’s happening here.
17 of my friends (some acquaintances) all use 3 or 4 settings, which are Reach, AutoClicker, Aim Assist, and 2 of them consistently use Velocity.

I am just basing this on what I've seen and am sure of, again, I am more involved with Skyblock than other gamemodes, specifically pvp orientated. But I've seen bans where they've used closet cheats, you can conduct an experiment if you find someone with 30 ms or less. I must also note that most of my friends banned live near the Hypixel Servers (Basically NA-East).

Last edited:
VapeV4

Seru

Social Credit
Vape user
Sep '20
Also high latency doesn’t have any affect on detections I’ve come to realize because the server generally has bad lag spikes every 30 mins
I haven't seen or heard from any of my closet cheating friends/acquaintances who are on the high latency spectrum be banned yet, and also even if the server has lag spikes, Watch Dog can recognize and prevent falses, this system is proven because in Skyblock, if the server is too laggy, some features will automatically be disabled to prevent dupes & other stuff.

VapeV4

Seru

Social Credit
Vape user
Sep '20
Actually, tomorrow when I have the time, I will buy two account and demonstrate cheating with low latency and high latency. I will post the link whenever it's uploaded.

VapeV4 VapeLite

IncognitoDoge

Social Credit
17 of my friends (some acquaintances) all use 3 or 4 settings, which are Reach, AutoClicker, Aim Assist, and 2 of them consistently use Velocity.

I am just basing this on what I've seen and am sure of, again, I am more involved with Skyblock than other gamemodes, specifically pvp orientated. But I've seen bans where they've used closet cheats, you can conduct an experiment if you find someone with 30 ms or less. I must also note that most of my friends banned live the Hypixel Servers (Basically NA-East).
I'm not located on the east so this isn't really possible for me to test, I'm just doubting that latency has to do with bans since there is plenty of posts of people with 200ms or more or around there that complained about being banned with legit settings. I'm not doubting what you've seen, that isn't the point.

I'm just saying people tend to lie about what they actually use and there is plenty of examples on this. You could look through settings posts and probably find it.

VapeV4

Seru

Social Credit
Vape user
Sep '20
I'm not located on the east so this isn't really possible for me to test, I'm just doubting that latency has to do with bans since there is plenty of posts of people with 200ms or more or around there that complained about being banned with legit settings. I'm not doubting what you've seen, that isn't the point.

I'm just saying people tend to lie about what they actually use and there is plenty of examples on this. You could look through settings posts and probably find it.
Interesting, if they were complaining about being banned on other servers such as Minemen Club, Ghostly, Lunar (when it was still up), etc, those servers have high-quality servers and are based practice servers, meaning that their anti-cheats are less prone to have fewer gamemodes to support, meaning that they can accommodate high latency into their checks, unlike Hypixel with a lot of gamemodes. If it was on Hypixel, they probably did have something incorrect in their config or did something incorrectly, I would like to see a video of someone with high latency using legit settings being banned, because you could easily cheat with 4.0 on Hypixel for an hour without being banned if you had higher latency than having low latency.

Yeah, so that's why I would like to see a video of someone who claims to have 200 ms cheat with legit settings. But I've seen through screenshares that my friends and acquaintances have been banned from using actual closet settings. So it's either by chance and coincidence or improvements to Watch Dog, and I'd like to go with improvements to Watch Dog to be more "conservative" when coming to a conclusion that Watch Dog did improve and it just didn't come to chance or coincidence.

pickledick

Social Credit

I am just basing this on what I've seen and am sure of, again, I am more involved with Skyblock than other gamemodes, specifically pvp orientated. But I've seen bans where they've used closet cheats, you can conduct an experiment if you find someone with 30 ms or less. I must also note that most of my friends banned live near the Hypixel Servers (Basically NA-East).
I’m sorry but I’ve been cheating for 2+ years with ghost modules on hypixel, sub 40 ms east coast. Never have I ever been banned unless I was on an account to fuck with with high settings. Clicker and aim, typical settings. Reach 3.2 and velocity 90 horizontal. Otherwise just utility modules that don’t matter. There’s no evidence to suggest that reach is detected in any way aside from reach prevention at ~3.6+ and even lowish H velocity like 80 has been safe. Vertical velocity has been detected, nobody uses that. Misplace can flag apparently, never used that. Mostly bedwars. All of my friends use similar settings and mostly similar ping. Never had any issues of any supposed recent anticheat changes, any anticheats changes have always been blatant patches.

Does anyone here seriously have any evidence to suggest otherwise? I am pretty confident that 90% of people here use a similar setup at least in part. Nobody is ever saying they used only ghost and got banned, it’s always “I used aim, reach… oh and timer”. 17 friends? Sounds off

VapeV4 VapeLite

IncognitoDoge

Social Credit
Does anyone here seriously have any evidence to suggest otherwise? I am pretty confident that 90% of people here use a similar setup at least in part. Nobody is ever saying they used only ghost and got banned, it’s always “I used aim, reach… oh and timer”. 17 friends? Sounds off
Nobody does, because it doesn't happen. It's because of what you mentioned. They used something that ended up being detectable and watchdog found it.

VapeV4

Seru

Social Credit
Vape user
Sep '20
I’m sorry but I’ve been cheating for 2+ years with ghost modules on hypixel, sub 40 ms east coast. Never have I ever been banned unless I was on an account to fuck with with high settings. Clicker and aim, typical settings. Reach 3.2 and velocity 90 horizontal. Otherwise just utility modules that don’t matter. There’s no evidence to suggest that reach is detected in any way aside from reach prevention at ~3.6+ and even lowish H velocity like 80 has been safe. Vertical velocity has been detected, nobody uses that. Misplace can flag apparently, never used that. Mostly bedwars. All of my friends use similar settings and mostly similar ping. Never had any issues of any supposed recent anticheat changes, any anticheats changes have always been blatant patches.

In the conclusion I mentioned "The final thing I want to leave off on is that you still might have not or may not be affected by these improvements to Hypixel's Cheat Detection" I am not saying that everybody is affected. Some of my other friends, acquaintances, guild members, whatever, use ghost modules, and haven't been banned and are sub 40ms east coast as well. But in probability wise, anyone using any sort of cheats at all takes a risk of being banned, even you could be banned at any point in time because a staff reviewed your replays and logs, you're still modifying your game, and your client still sends information to the server. Depending on what the Watch Dog is capable of, if it's capable of detecting randomized sequences from farming macros and alerting staff, it's surely capable of other stuff like detecting low latency closet cheaters.

I can obtain evidence to suggest otherwise, again not everybody is affected, it's simply a warning to be more cautious. I am confident that this isn't by chance or coincidence. I also said 17 friends and acquaintances (Cheating Guild).

VapeV4

Seru

Social Credit
Vape user
Sep '20
Nobody does, because it doesn't happen. It's because of what you mentioned. They used something that ended up being detectable and watchdog found it.
I do agree that sometimes people use something that Watch Dog detected, and with that being said they should provide proof that they were using <insert legit closet settings> to be sure, and yes some people come to the forums and complain that they were banned for using "closet settings" but then "... and timer", but we can't be just close the possibility and probability that Watch Dog has improved and is starting to detect this sort of stuff.

I understand the "norm" for cheaters is that Hypixel's Anticheat is terrible and it will never improve because it's been (x) or so years and it's still bad, but the probability based on the percentage increments of Hypixel's Staff and Watch Dog bans should be taken into consideration and why the bans have increased, especially when the average player count is still the same as it is.

I also thought the same way about Hypixel's Anticheat never being able to improve because they have to support a vast variety of games until I've seen, heard, and experience multiple bans myself. I align myself with a lot of QOL Hypixel Skyblock Mod Developers, and they are also surprised at the fact that Hypixel is actually taking new approaches to prevent cheaters (macroers in this case), but it's most likely the same goes for cheaters in other gamemodes.

Last edited:
VapeV4 VapeLite

IncognitoDoge

Social Credit
I understand the "norm" for cheaters is that Hypixel's Anticheat is terrible and it will never improve because it's been (x) or so years and it's still bad, but the probability based on the percentage increments of Hypixel's Staff and Watch Dog bans should be taken into consideration and why the bans have increased, especially when the average player count is still the same as it is.
You actually bring up a point that I always thought about when people say that kind of stuff on here, Hypixel is a multi million dollar company yet people still think they don't have the resources to do research upon who knows how long to eventually remove cheaters.

I said this since 2 years ago, don't use this module (mainly hitboxes lol) because you will eventually get banned. I can name countless idiots that said I was retarded and Hypixel can't do this or that.

All those people are banned now and have been silent since.

VapeV4

Seru

Social Credit
Vape user
Sep '20
You actually bring up a point that I always thought about when people say that kind of stuff on here, Hypixel is a multi million dollar company yet people still think they don't have the resources to do research upon who knows how long to eventually remove cheaters.

I said this since 2 years ago, don't use this module (mainly hitboxes lol) because you will eventually get banned. I can name countless idiots that said I was retarded and Hypixel can't do this or that.

All those people are banned now and have been silent since.
The blatant and closet cheating community has evolved throughout the years, and I've witnessed that closet settings became blatant settings time and time again. I remember in 2016 when 3.6 reach was considered "closet", but then anticheats improved, and cheaters had to adapt. I have no doubt in my mind that cheaters will adapt again, but it's really interesting to be able to watch something like this unfold. But the only question that's in my mind is when will anticheats get to the point where cheaters' adaptation may come to a halt, almost like an extinction event.