Watchdog update??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GamerOfGamers

Social Credit
Most of you already know but Hypixel recently tweeted that watchdog will have a massive update, what does that leave for us closet cheaters?? I what will then happen? Will we still be able to cheat?

James

Retired Customer Support
Social Credit
Meh, I can't even count the amount of times server owners have said in very vague ways that their AntiCheat is going to get better soon, and then nothing ever happens or the AntiCheat continues to be just as shit. I wouldn't be worried. Cheating and detecting cheats is a cat and mouse game, one that we are very used to playing.

Daruh

Social Credit
Meh, I can't even count the amount of times server owners have said in very vague ways that their AntiCheat is going to get better soon, and then nothing ever happens or the AntiCheat continues to be just as shit. I wouldn't be worried. Cheating and detecting cheats is a cat and mouse game, one that we are very used to playing.
So do you think nothing is gonna change and we can still cheat without turn down our settings?

Rases

Social Credit
We do see some servers (mmc for example) have developed checks that are able to detect v3 and lite’s most essential features (reach, velocity) to a extent where if you use settings that bypass, it wouldn’t be very helpful for most playrs that aren’t very good at Minecraft combat (like 3.05 reach, 95% horizontal velocity). Also the false positive rate is controlled to a somewhat acceptable value to their relatively small player count. We see these insane checks are in fact a reality and we do worry that hypixel, with their huge funding and resources, might be able to develop anticheat paralleled (or even stronger) to this level with small false positive rate.

So, the question is, do you think that we closet cheaters (or semi-closet cheaters that uses Killaura, hitboxes, etc) need to turn down ( or even stop cheating) for some reasonable amount of time just to watch what’s going to happen to hypixel’s anticheat in 2020?

Ps: I respect you all, and don’t want to make people angry. So tell me if my post somehow irritates you/break forum rules.

Manthe

Admin
Social Credit
Vape user
Dec '15
We do see some servers (mmc for example) have developed checks that are able to detect v3 and lite’s most essential features (reach, velocity) to a extent where if you use settings that bypass, it wouldn’t be very helpful for most playrs that aren’t very good at Minecraft combat (like 3.05 reach, 95% horizontal velocity). Also the false positive rate is controlled to a somewhat acceptable value to their relatively small player count. We see these insane checks are in fact a reality and we do worry that hypixel, with their huge funding and resources, might be able to develop anticheat paralleled (or even stronger) to this level with small false positive rate.

So, the question is, do you think that we closet cheaters (or semi-closet cheaters that uses Killaura, hitboxes, etc) need to turn down ( or even stop cheating) for some reasonable amount of time just to watch what’s going to happen to hypixel’s anticheat in 2020?

Ps: I respect you all, and don’t want to make people angry. So tell me if my post somehow irritates you/break forum rules.
James is being overly cocky and you do have reason to be concerned any time a server takes measures to improve their anticheat. But this is the entire purpose of vape, to bypass anticheats by having modules focused in the gray area where it’s difficult to determine if you’re cheating while still giving you a great advantage. So while something like this might scare you, keep in mind that this is what vape has always excelled against and what has always set it aside from traditional clients. And yes it is true that some servers such as mmc have improved their anticheat enough to detect minimal settings. But those checks only work on certain game modes where the conditions are predictable, and that combined with the false positive rate on a server many times larger would be logistically impractical to implement.

Rases

Social Credit
James is being overly cocky and you do have reason to be concerned any time a server takes measures to improve their anticheat. But this is the entire purpose of vape, to bypass anticheats by having modules focused in the gray area where it’s difficult to determine if you’re cheating while still giving you a great advantage. So while something like this might scare you, keep in mind that this is what vape has always excelled against and what has always set it aside from traditional clients. And yes it is true that some servers such as mmc have improved their anticheat enough to detect minimal settings. But those checks only work on certain game modes where the conditions are predictable, and that combined with the false positive rate on a server many times larger would be logistically impractical to implement.
Just being curious, why is it growing logistically?

GamerOfGamers

Social Credit
So from my understanding as long as we use ghost client modules (aim assist, auto clicker, reach, velocity I might be missing some) with hard to detect values we should be good even after the watchdog update?

Manthe

Admin
Social Credit
Vape user
Dec '15
So from my understanding as long as we use ghost client modules (aim assist, auto clicker, reach, velocity I might be missing some) with hard to detect values we should be good even after the watchdog update?
No I’m saying that’s the case for any server since those kind of modules aren’t inherently detectable, they’re just doing things can you normally do. It’s the modules like bhop, scaffold, fly, etc, that can be patched easily and rely on temporary exploits to function.

James

Retired Customer Support
Social Credit
What kind of methods do anticheats use to spot closest cheaters.
Pattern analysis, but a basic form of it for most servers. A common tactic is for their developers to use the hacked clients on their server, and record the packets that are sent by that player, and compare them to a legit player trying to do whatever the client is doing (i.e. click 20 CPS), then look out for any common trends present in the hacked client's packets that do not occur in the normal player's packets.

LaggyAussie

Social Credit
Pattern analysis, but a basic form of it for most servers. A common tactic is for their developers to use the hacked clients on their server, and record the packets that are sent by that player, and compare them to a legit player trying to do whatever the client is doing (i.e. click 20 CPS), then look out for any common trends present in the hacked client's packets that do not occur in the normal player's packets.
Is it getting harder and harder to closet cheat or is vape way more advanced then these anticheats and if anticheats are getting better is there a way for vape to overcome these anticheats or will we have to use less reach or velocity to the point we there are really no advantages at all or very minimal advantages where there is no point in using vape at all?

Manthe

Admin
Social Credit
Vape user
Dec '15
Is it getting harder and harder to closet cheat or is vape way more advanced then these anticheats and if anticheats are getting better is there a way for vape to overcome these anticheats or will we have to use less reach or velocity to the point we there are really no advantages at all or very minimal advantages where there is no point in using vape at all?
I’ve already indirectly answered your question above.

Status
Not open for further replies.