Should I release the last version of 1.7.10 Lunar that can still be injected into?

Should I release the last version of Lunar Client 1.7.10 to the public?

• Yes

Votes: 46 90.2%
  • No

Votes: 5 9.8%

• Total voters
VapeV4 VapeLite

IncognitoDoge

Social Credit
I think it's already known that injecting v4 / vl to 1.7.10 is impossible at the moment (for the newest lunar versions after 2022 or something)

When I figured out what mappings and stuff were I started saving old versions of Lunar just in case something happened and I couldn't inject. Yes I could use forge but I didn't wanna spend time downloading a bunch of mods from untrustworthy sources. Anyways that led to me saving about 30+ versions of lunar (between 1.8.9 and 1.7.10)

I think I've only mentioned a few times that I had versions from 2021 saved (that still work and can inject, tested few months ago) some people wanted it but I never really went forward with those requests for a few reasons.

1. I did not want to be responsible for any sort of copyright issues releasing something like this in the small case that Lunar could find my real online identity.

2. Didn't want to deal with morons insisting I would be releasing a "virus" (because I totally would build 2 years of reputation and almost 4k messages on this forum just to steal your account on a game I don't play anymore.)

3. I just wanted to keep it to myself lol

The question is now, do I release it? I only started considering it now because I do not play Minecraft anymore and plan on quitting com in the future so releasing it wouldn't have any impact on me (other than the potential copyright thing) I've held onto this for about 2 years almost now so I guess I can just take everyone's opinion on what I should do.

Please note that the results of this poll will not be my final action, I'm doing what I think is best and safest for myself.

VapeLite

Jeyawn

Social Credit
I think it's already known that injecting v4 / vl to 1.7.10 is impossible at the moment (for the newest lunar versions after 2022 or something)

When I figured out what mappings and stuff were I started saving old versions of Lunar just in case something happened and I couldn't inject. Yes I could use forge but I didn't wanna spend time downloading a bunch of mods from untrustworthy sources. Anyways that led to me saving about 30+ versions of lunar (between 1.8.9 and 1.7.10)

I think I've only mentioned a few times that I had versions from 2021 saved (that still work and can inject, tested few months ago) some people wanted it but I never really went forward with those requests for a few reasons.

1. I did not want to be responsible for any sort of copyright issues releasing something like this in the small case that Lunar could find my real online identity.

2. Didn't want to deal with morons insisting I would be releasing a "virus" (because I totally would build 2 years of reputation and almost 4k messages on this forum just to steal your account on a game I don't play anymore.)

The question is now, do I release it? I only started considering it now because I do not play Minecraft anymore and plan on quitting com in the future so releasing it wouldn't have any impact on me (other than the potential copyright thing) I've held onto this for about 2 years almost now so I guess I can just take everyone's opinion on what I should do.

Please note that the results of this poll will not be my final action, I'm doing what I think is best and safest for myself.
yes release it

VapeV4 VapeLite

IncognitoDoge

Social Credit
lunar will send fbi to your house if you release it
you will get arrested
ik this is sarcasm but technically it’s possible to get fined at least, idk what their terms are on this but I would assume that me releasing an older version that isn’t supposed to be around anymore and directly enables cheating is probably against their terms of service.

VapeV4 VapeLite

meowmeow

Social Credit
ik this is sarcasm but technically it’s possible to get fined at least, idk what their terms are on this but I would assume that me releasing an older version that isn’t supposed to be around anymore and directly enables cheating is probably against their terms of service.
Meh. Nothing would probably happen, as jack said it was public at some point.

Velo

Social Credit

yes

VapeV4 VapeLite

IncognitoDoge

Social Credit
No? There is already older versions of lunar 1.7 on github that vape lite and maybe v4 works on but they are like 3 years old and don't show the lunar icon. also i dont see why ur gatekeeping lmao
As most say it’s better to be safe than sorry; I don’t understand the “gatekeeping” thing.

ineedausername

Social Credit
Vape user
Jan '23

dont understand the point of 1.7 atp, vape has no hitdelay

VapeV4 VapeLite

IncognitoDoge

Social Credit
like your hiding something other people know that you have
I don’t think people understand, there’s a reason they started copyright striking channels on youtube that cheated on lunar. I can imagine something similar happening to someone (me) who is releasing it here to directly enable cheating. It’s easy for everyone else to say things like “nothing happens stop doing this and that” and so on because none of them will be in trouble, I’ll be the one that gets in trouble.

VapeLite

Jeyawn

Social Credit
dont understand the point of 1.7 atp, vape has no hitdelay

I don’t think people understand, there’s a reason they started copyright striking channels on youtube that cheated on lunar. I can imagine something similar happening to someone (me) who is releasing it here to directly enable cheating. It’s easy for everyone else to say things like “nothing happens stop doing this and that” and so on because none of them will be in trouble, I’ll be the one that gets in trouble.
It was in public once so

VapeV4 VapeLite

rofl

Social Credit
Yeah, ONCE; at some point. They got rid of it for a reason.
If releasing an old version of lunar is against their tos then releasing it, is probably a bad idea.

And regardless of that, releasing an old version of their client won't harm their business.
And the men who work on solar tweak aren't in jail, so releasing an old version of lunar is probably irrelevant and won't even notice at this point.