rise shitshow

paperchaser

Social Credit
Thoughts on the situation with rise? Apparently there was a database leak, developers never got paid, etc. Basically the whole client is falling apart. Copied from their devs discord / on reddit:

Hello (@everyone). My name is Hazsi and I want to talk to you about Rise, and shed light on some of the internal issues Rise has been experiencing for the better part of a year. I wrote this by myself and didn't have anyone help me. Nothing should be directed towards anyone else and nobody else should be pulled under for what I'm about to say. Before we go any further, I want to make it explicitly clear that I do not have any animosity towards Alan, or Rise in general. I'm not going to nuke this server, I'm not going to dox anyone, and I'm not going to release any Rise code or databases. I merely strongly disagree with the direction the public is being lead in, and as a final gesture because I leave, I want to publicize several talking points about Rise and the development team that I feel you all deserve transparency with. No matter what people say, we aren't trying to hurt Rise. I'm trying to stop the cycle of lying to customers and keep you all informed. To start off, what Alan said about the new Discord server was (rather obviously) not true. As many of you were eager to point out, a servers owner being termed doesn't affect the server itself. Alan moved the customer server because tensions behind the scenes reached a breaking point, and Alan no longer was comfortable being in a Discord where myself and two others had more power than he did (Alan32 was termed months ago, and nobody was able to give him permissions above the highest * role, including myself). I've done my best to try and make sure this message can't be deleted, but just in case it still can, I probably recommend at least someone out there screenshots and resposts this elsewhere, but in the end it doesn't matter; none of this does. I'm not trying to act like Rise is "dead" or "gone" now, but I highly urge you to anticipate change going forth. For those of you who don't know me, I've been involved internally on Rise for over a year, give or take a few months of inactivity. You might know me from other places such as VapeTweaker, Posterity, KCALS, or generally on Hypixel. You might not. You can choose to take my side in this story, or you might not. In the end, I'm not here to start any drama or further escalate the situation. I'm here to tell my side of the story and leave. In the year that I've been with Rise, I've witnessed several issues with management, organization, treatment of customer data and information, and general lack of professionalism across the board. You can call me a hypocrite if you wish. You can say that I've contributed to these issues, you can say I'm escalating them - I'm not going to take away your opinion. I just want to state mine. I don't have anything against any customers, and if anything, if this message serves positively towards Rise and customers in the future, I'm okay with that.📷16

***[6:56 PM]***A massive issue with Rise is the lack of fair compensation of developers. Funnily enough, there seems to be a stereotype amongst members of this community that client developers make a lot of money. I can assure that this is the case for Alan, and that's it. For those unfamiliar with Billionaire, he has been an admin on Rise for a year and helped Alan with public relations and with media for the last 9 months or so. Although I don't want to hop on the bandwagon of hating him (I don't.), I want to state for the record that he has been paid more than myself and Auth. There are just shy of 6000 of you who own Rise - and while I'm aware that Rise hasn't always had a price of $20 USD, that's what most of you paid - giving a figure of $120,000 USD. In total, Auth has been paid roughly $1,000 USD for his time on Rise, and I've received around $300 USD. To put that into perspective, HypixelSS (BedwarsSS) receives more money from Rise per video than I have ever been paid, and more in three videos than Auth and Tecnio have ever been paid. I've been far more active in development lately, to the point where I asked Alan for a 20% cut of all Rise 6 sales. In the end, Alan stated that he believed that even a 10% cut was unfair despite the amount of work I had been doing on Rise. I proposed what I thought to be a fair compromise (see https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1026235595216933037/1036447917868863518/unknown.png
), but this was also rejected. Alan's justification for lack of paying his developers is that even if me and Alan did even amounts of work now, a 50/50 profit (NOT proceeds) cut was unfair, as he had "been on the project longer". I shouldn't need to explain why this is illogical and idiotic, but I do feel the need to clarify that me, Auth and Tecnio are not the sole victims of unfair compensation on the Rise team, it's just that other people don't wish to get involved in drama. Alans secondary justification for my compensation of Rise sales was that I "barely do anything" and that I'm not needed, when he himself has said otherwise on multiple occasions (see https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1043024070578556979/1043024938216468501/image.png
). Not entirely related, but see https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1013674070455357521/1040768131926331442/unknown.png
for an idea on the extent of this. See https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1005400706666205267/1043075698165821471/image.png
and https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1005400706666205267/1043075713693143070/image.png
for more. I promise Alan is going to release his own screenshots, claiming that I'm manipulative and lying (see https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1005400706666205267/1043077447538720818/image.png
). I might as well address this image now - I asked for 10% of Rise 5 sales during the time I was working on Rise 6 because I believe it is unfair for me to solely be paid a cut during the time that the client is out, instead of the time I've been working. The lack of anything resembling equality inside Rise extends beyond payment. On multiple occasions (including today regarding the database leak that beta users were informed about), Alan has demonstrated a habit to not inform the relevant people involved in a situation, and instead to get angry when his own developers aren't kept in the loop whatsoever. Today, I learned about a large scale database leak and security issues with Rise 6 beta not from Alan, but from my admin friends who were already informed and in the group chat when I wasn't, and Alan being sarcastic about informing Vantage developers about a Vantage database leak. (see https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1043024070578556979/1043028878345637918/image.png
). Every time this is brought up, Alan will get offended instead of doing anything (see https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1013674070455357521/1040767838811586640/unknown.png

***[6:56 PM]***Moving on slightly, the equality issues extend to decision making as well. Rise 6 source has been shared to multiple people to help with protection and obfuscation (a major decision for a client that has been developed for a year), and many times we were not aware, let alone consulted. I (and usually multiple others) get upset when this happens, but Alan will always get upset and insult people for being left out of the decision making process of a client that they dedicate so much of their time to (see https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1005400706666205267/1043025957893701642/unknown.png
). I'm done with this for now, I might come back later if I have more to add, but at the moment, I'm not sure I do. Behind closed doors, the Rise team suffers from poor management, communication and organization. Even in the last three hours, there have been three cases of developers lying and/or backstabbing one another in the midst of this drama. I don't know who I'm meant to trust, nor does anyone at this point. Everything is a mess and I highly encourage everyone to not fuel drama until things are more settled. Don't always trust the public images of organizations and people. Think twice about what goes on in closed doors of products you use and how it affects you as a customer. I have nothing more to add at this time. Goodbye.

VapeV4 VapeLite

Alexx

Social Credit
Vape user
Jan '20
Thoughts on the situation with rise? Apparently there was a database leak, developers never got paid, etc. Basically the whole client is falling apart. Copied from their devs discord / on reddit:
saw this coming, rise is a dogshit client with bought bypasses and hired devs, alan cant do anything himself

Mandorali

Social Credit
I always trusted Rise. This is very disappointing that a leading client has to fall like this. I feel bad for all of the developers that were scammed and underpaid.

VapeV4 VapeLite

Alexx

Social Credit
Vape user
Jan '20
I always trusted Rise. This is very disappointing that a leading client has to fall like this. I feel bad for all of the developers that were scammed and underpaid.
I wouldnt consider rise to be a leading client, they were just the most popular among the poorer cheaters that couldnt afford alts for premium servers

Unicorn

Social Credit
Vape user
Dec '19
I wouldnt consider rise to be a leading client, they were just the most popular among the poorer cheaters that couldnt afford alts for premium servers
Rise definitely isn’t just popular because of poor cheaters. For a while it was the best public hypixel client because no one else was actually making or updating clients. They also bought stuff like the fly zajchu made and dorts AAC5 fly, and put it in their client before anyone else released it so they got a reputation as a good client from that. Rise is also the easiest client for new users. Making a config takes 20 minutes maximum and there’s nothing you can really change that gets you a different result unlike some clients where you can optimize your aura settings for a while to get the best settings.

Xghh

Social Credit
Rise definitely isn’t just popular because of poor cheaters. For a while it was the best public hypixel client because no one else was actually making or updating clients. They also bought stuff like the fly zajchu made and dorts AAC5 fly, and put it in their client before anyone else released it so they got a reputation as a good client from that. Rise is also the easiest client for new users. Making a config takes 20 minutes maximum and there’s nothing you can really change that gets you a different result unlike some clients where you can optimize your aura settings for a while to get the best settings.
Rise also has clout from hypixel ss using it.