Feature Suggestion: Name Spoof

Rases

Social Credit
Basically this is similar to the Nickhider in BLC/ nick mod.

However neither these two mod is powerful enough for closet cheaters who record.

So can we have a module that basically changes out ign in the client side, so that whenever we encounter our ign in game (chat/tab/hypixel leaderbord), we see another ign.

Here is, in my non-coder mind, how to achieve this: if my ign is "Tim", and I want to "Jim", vape can search in the game (chat, tab, nametag on armor stands etc) for the string "Tim" (notice the two spaces), delete it, and change it to "Jim", so that I always see "Jim" being my ign.

This would be super useful when you want to record yourself cheating explicitly (basically tell the viewers you are cheating) but don't want others to use this recording as evidence against your secret account that you actually spent time and money in (for example, in many games, like hypixel skywars and uhc, you need to buy perks/kits/items so that you can comfortably play evey with cheats)

Noptin

Social Credit
Basically this is similar to the Nickhider in BLC/ nick mod.

However neither these two mod is powerful enough for closet cheaters who record.

So can we have a module that basically changes out ign in the client side, so that whenever we encounter our ign in game (chat/tab/hypixel leaderbord), we see another ign.

Here is, in my non-coder mind, how to achieve this: if my ign is "Tim", and I want to "Jim", vape can search in the game (chat, tab, nametag on armor stands etc) for the string "Tim" (notice the two spaces), delete it, and change it to "Jim", so that I always see "Jim" being my ign.

This would be super useful when you want to record yourself cheating explicitly (basically tell the viewers you are cheating) but don't want others to use this recording as evidence against your secret account that you actually spent time and money in (for example, in many games, like hypixel skywars and uhc, you need to buy perks/kits/items so that you can comfortably play evey with cheats)
Could be useful for me too, thanks

MastaNub

Social Credit
Just a way to change your (or someone else's :) ) name in settings. Would be cool if it was on Vape Lite since it works on vanilla and blc.

James

Retired Customer Support
Social Credit
You can already do this with Vape V3's Friends Feature, provided you use the Force Alias function.

Just add your own name followed by a space and the alias you want the name to be disguised as, and any time Vape encounters that name in Chat, on a nametag, etc, it will replace the name with the aliased name. For example, if your name was Notch and you wanted it to be disguised as DefinitelyNotNotch: https://prnt.sc/qr7252 https://prnt.sc/qr7299

GamerOfGamers

Social Credit
You can already do this with Vape V3's Friends Feature, provided you use the Force Alias function.

Just add your own name followed by a space and the alias you want the name to be disguised as, and any time Vape encounters that name in Chat, on a nametag, etc, it will replace the name with the aliased name. For example, if your name was Notch and you wanted it to be disguised as DefinitelyNotNotch: https://prnt.sc/qr7252 https://prnt.sc/qr7299
it doesnt work in the tab section

TerribleCheater

Social Credit
Vape user
Nov '19
it doesnt work in the tab section
I don’t think the developers can do that, especially if you mean in a server like Hypixel.
Force Alias changes your real IGN to something else, but if the server (In this case, Hypixel) has your name changed for a certain rank (MVP+), they can’t change it.
Take this for example:
Your IGN is “Nickname”, and you have a rank
Hypixel will then change your IGN to whatever it is, but add “[MVP+]” in the beginning.
So technically, your name is actually “[MVP+] Nickname”, instead of “Nickname”
I might be wrong about this, but my explanation seems pretty valid

GamerOfGamers

Social Credit
I don’t think the developers can do that, especially if you mean in a server like Hypixel.
Force Alias changes your real IGN to something else, but if the server (In this case, Hypixel) has your name changed for a certain rank (MVP+), they can’t change it.
Take this for example:
Your IGN is “Nickname”, and you have a rank
Hypixel will then change your IGN to whatever it is, but add “[MVP+]” in the beginning.
So technically, your name is actually “[MVP+] Nickname”, instead of “Nickname”
I might be wrong about this, but my explanation seems pretty valid
I mean its supposed to show up in tab as your alias and i know its possible because that one mod 'chat triggers' has that nicking option and you can change your rank and your username and it will show up in tab.

TerribleCheater

Social Credit
Vape user
Nov '19
I mean its supposed to show up in tab as your alias and i know its possible because that one mod 'chat triggers' has that nicking option and you can change your rank and your username and it will show up in tab.
But that one mod is specifically designed for that feature; Vape isn’t Hypixel-based, and also is a cheat client