What algorithm does vape use? Also why is it being flagged by some anti-viruses?

HackerMcgee

Social Credit
Hey!
Just wondering does vape use SHA256 or SHA1? On virustotal it shows that the signers for vape are all SHA256, except for one of the x.509 signers (DigiCert High Assurance). However, when I go into the file properties it shows SHA1.
My second question is why are some of the big brand anti-viruses are flagging it, but some aren't? Do you have any insight into why that is?

HackerMcgee

Social Credit
Yeah, this post was mostly meant for the devs. I have used vape like 3 years ago, but haven't used it anytime soon. I was just wondering if there could be a man in the middle attack. Also if that was the reason why some of the big anti-viruses recognize it as a virus or if there is another.

VapeV4 VapeLite

rofl

Social Credit
It's due of the obfuscation and to make vape literally undetectable in ss, vape literally uses methods that can flag as virus.

VapeV4

Seru

Social Credit
Vape user
Sep '20
Just disable your antivirus when playing, who cares if they steal your credit card info, all that matters is your winning the game!

laoboliLeo

Social Credit
Hey!
Just wondering does vape use SHA256 or SHA1? On virustotal it shows that the signers for vape are all SHA256, except for one of the x.509 signers (DigiCert High Assurance). However, when I go into the file properties it shows SHA1.
My second question is why are some of the big brand anti-viruses are flagging it, but some aren't? Do you have any insight into why that is?
The injection method of vape is marked by major virus manufacturers, such as KSN, Avast
Believe in Vape's safety