Web control

Hash

Social Credit
Can you guys add a way to change our settings from a webpage for all Manthe industries products please ?

James

Retired Customer Support
Social Credit
James already said it's not happening.
Thanks for doing my job for me, as always.

Yeah, we're not going to add a "web control" panel or whatever. All a "web control" panel is is a marketing gimmick. Vape works fine as is, with the GUI built into the client itself, so we're not looking to change that right now. Adding a "web control" panel would take several dozen man-hours of effort, minimum, and we have much bigger stuff on our plate to worry about than trying to get a largely aesthetic/marketing feature to work. Sorry, but this isn't going to happen. Maybe if for whatever reason accessing the GUI within Vape ever becomes something servers detect somehow, but that's more or less impossible, so this simply is just not going to happen.

Hash

Social Credit
Thanks for doing my job for me, as always.

Yeah, we're not going to add a "web control" panel or whatever. All a "web control" panel is is a marketing gimmick. Vape works fine as is, with the GUI built into the client itself, so we're not looking to change that right now. Adding a "web control" panel would take several dozen man-hours of effort, minimum, and we have much bigger stuff on our plate to worry about than trying to get a largely aesthetic/marketing feature to work. Sorry, but this isn't going to happen. Maybe if for whatever reason accessing the GUI within Vape ever becomes something servers detect somehow, but that's more or less impossible, so this simply is just not going to happen.
Alright sorry for bothering then, looking forward to the bigger stuff !

Manthe

Admin
Social Credit
Vape user
Dec '15
Even though I don't really plan on doing this exactly, I still want to know why people would want this. What purpose would it serve which you can't already do from in game, or if you can already do it from in game, how would this be more convenient or better in any way?

KhwPp

Social Credit
Even though I don't really plan on doing this exactly, I still want to know why people would want this. What purpose would it serve which you can't already do from in game, or if you can already do it from in game, how would this be more convenient or better in any way?
Because some of the other competitors bring this feature as a way to get customers too, somehow users find it interesting, and being real there's nothing else that can be added to Vape in general apart from bug fixes so the crowd pretty much asks for this type of stuff that make the client 'cooler/unique', one of the logical reasons may be the ability to adjust your settings from your phone. It's still a lot easier to it via the client itself but you know every one with their own linkings.

Vape

Social Credit
I assume because it’s quite an advanced feature to some people and they think it’s cool. In my opinion that’s not really worth the hours of development lol.

Manthe

Admin
Social Credit
Vape user
Dec '15
Because some of the other competitors bring this feature as a way to get customers too, somehow users find it interesting, and being real there's nothing else that can be added to Vape in general apart from bug fixes so the crowd pretty much asks for this type of stuff that make the client 'cooler/unique', one of the logical reasons may be the ability to adjust your settings from your phone. It's still a lot easier to it via the client itself but you know every one with their own linkings.
I get the cool part, and having pointless cool features does add to the client(like rainbow color for example). But I highly doubt people frequently use the web gui feature in other clients if its an option, and if it's forced on them I would bet users would prefer not to use it. There has been web guis in clients for years actually, but they never took off because it's just inefficient and clunky to use. I am looking into making the GUI in Vape more efficient and convenient to use, and a web GUI seems like the total opposite direction of that.

Manthe

Admin
Social Credit
Vape user
Dec '15
Let's say for example you're in the middle of your stream and you wanna adjust the settings a bit for another gamemode but if you just opened the gui of v3 to adjust the settings then this can be seen by your viewers, or lets say you got vape lite on a 2nd monitor yes you can adjust the settings but what if you got 1 monitor only then your stuck with the current settings, but if vape had something where you could just get on your phone and adjust the settings as much as you want it would be better to do (what I could think it would be useful for).
Sure but the amount of people using vape for streaming/recording inconspicuously relative to the rest of vape users is tiny, probably less than 1%. So that on its own doesnt justify anything when effectively nobody would be using the feature for that purpose.

buyspook

Social Credit
Don't make a web gui. Honestly, the novelty of a web gui wears off pretty quickly oncd you start to use it more.

KhwPp

Social Credit
Let's say for example you're in the middle of your stream and you wanna adjust the settings a bit for another gamemode but if you just opened the gui of v3 to adjust the settings then this can be seen by your viewers, or lets say you got vape lite on a 2nd monitor yes you can adjust the settings but what if you got 1 monitor only then your stuck with the current settings, but if vape had something where you could just get on your phone and adjust the settings as much as you want it would be better to do (what I could think it would be useful for).
Sure but the amount of people using vape for streaming/recording inconspicuously relative to the rest of vape users is tiny, probably less than 1%. So that on its own doesnt justify anything when effectively nobody would be using the feature for that purpose.
Has a valid point, but an easier and less time consuming option is to make somehow a feature that allows you to increase or decrease values from a module by a combination of keys without needing to open the GUI.

Starting off with Reach since this would be possibly the only module you would adjust (modifying other modules like Velocity could ban you in seconds anyway) so Reach is most likely the only one you're willing to adjust.

If you want to decrease your reach by 0.1 or 0.01 you would hold Ctrl+Shift+LeftArrowKey and for increasing it would be Ctrl+Shift+RightArrowKey..
This is just a concept that may be handy, I highlight again there's nothing much that can be added to Vape now so why not.

James

Retired Customer Support
Social Credit
Has a valid point, but an easier and less time consuming option is to make somehow a feature that allows you to increase or decrease values from a module by a combination of keys without needing to open the GUI.

Starting off with Reach since this would be possibly the only module you would adjust (modifying other modules like Velocity could ban you in seconds anyway) so Reach is most likely the only one you're willing to adjust.

If you want to decrease your reach by 0.1 or 0.01 you would hold Ctrl+Shift+LeftArrowKey and for increasing it would be Ctrl+Shift+RightArrowKey..
This is just a concept that may be handy, I highlight again there's nothing much that can be added to Vape now so why not.
See now that's kind of a cool idea. I'm gonna add that to our suggestions list.

Hash

Social Credit
See now that's kind of a cool idea. I'm gonna add that to our suggestions list.
You could also add a display of what values are being edited using the same rendering technic used in the overlay mode for the Search and name tag features