Web Client

James

Retired Customer Support
Social Credit
Why would we need this? What even is a web client? What advantage could it give you guys?

Manthe

Admin
Social Credit
Vape user
Dec '15
Why would we need this? What even is a web client? What advantage could it give you guys?
To explain to anyone else wondering; It's where the clients GUI is basically relocated to a web browser rather than being within the client running on your PC. It really serves no purpose other than to look cool, and for the end user an inconvenience. People are likely under the assumption that this would somehow make a client less detectable, however you still have to run the actual client on your PC in order for it to actually have functionality, so it makes effectively no difference in that regard.

so tldr; I dont think we'll do anything like this, it's just a gimmick for all its current intents and purposes

VapeV4

Leafeon

Social Credit
To explain to anyone else wondering; It's where the clients GUI is basically relocated to a web browser rather than being within the client running on your PC. It really serves no purpose other than to look cool, and for the end user an inconvenience. People are likely under the assumption that this would somehow make a client less detectable, however you still have to run the actual client on your PC in order for it to actually have functionality, so it makes effectively no difference in that regard.

so tldr; I dont think we'll do anything like this, it's just a gimmick for all its current intents and purposes
Would be interesting to say the least, if you could host the server locally and open it up on your phone. No need for accidentally recording your GUI or anything of the sorts while streaming when you just have to tap your phone under the table or somethin'.

James

Retired Customer Support
Social Credit
Would be interesting to say the least, if you could host the server locally and open it up on your phone. No need for accidentally recording your GUI or anything of the sorts while streaming when you just have to tap your phone under the table or somethin'.
This is true but it's just too niche. I'd say <1% of our customers stream/record while using Vape, so we'd be serving a very small market there.

Vape

Social Credit

And potential detections because of sockets I think.