Vape V2/V3/Lite Development Schedule

Dot_Dash

Social Credit
Hi,

I've been recently using V2 a lot more because of the Misplace functionality on Reach which is super nice for recording stuff. However, I also appreciate the features V3 has to offer, such as Inventory Cleaner (a huge help in Skywars/any game with a lot of loot from chests).

My question is this: how do Vape's developers plan to handle updating V2, V3, and Lite as a whole, and how will update prioritization be handled (i.e which client will be focused on the most)? Those are 3 different versions of Vape that differ drastically from each other in how they perform and the features they have available. I'm not a coder by any sense of the word, but I can't imagine it's easy to update 3 versions of a client at the same time. Will V2 eventually become obsolete and be removed, with most of its features being added into V3; or will V2 stay as a more feature-rich client for more blatant cheating, while V3 stands alone as a bare-bones client for more subtle cheating (but not to the degree of Lite [i.e being prepared for screenshares and the like])? I'm speculating that it's most likely the first option, because V2 hasn't received an update since September 22th, 2017; whereas V3 has been getting continuous, regular updates, with the last one being just on January 21st, 2018 (a far cry from V2).

I'm sorry if this was somewhat of an off-topic ramble but I'm curious to know the future for Vape and what the devs have planned. Thank you very much for reading.

-dot_dash

KhwPp

Social Credit
V3 is a V2 update meaning V2 is a finished project.
Lite will only get the necessary updates.

Manthe

Admin
Social Credit
Vape user
Dec '15
Vape v3 is an update to v2. Most features specific to v2 are redundant ones, but if there’s any specific ones you think you need in v3 you can always suggest them. With that being said, no v2 will not get any separate updates.

With vape lite it hasn’t really been necessary to change or add anything for a while, but I plan on adding a few minor things to it soon.

There isn’t a really schedule though, I’m the only one who works on anything so whenever I finish something it’s put out. There have been ‘updates’ to v3 almost every day since it’s release but the changelog and version number are only changed for new actual features. So v3 is what’s being worked on now but like I said lite will be soon.

KhwPp

Social Credit
I wonder what will VLite get..

v3 feels a lot better in almost every way, the aim assist is nicer and less blatant than v2 and the performance feels smoother.

The only feature v3 is missing is misplace for people who wanna record with higher reach values. It’d be really exciting to see what you think about adding it
Yeah but Manthe has already said that misplace will not be added because it makes the client detectable, in other words if you want to use misplace you've got no other choice than using V2.

KhwPp

Social Credit
quote of him saying this? Last thing I recall him saying about misplace was that the other admin who said it wasn’t going to be was an “idiot”
I've been looking but I'm struggling to find the post either I have the time to waste on that.
@Manthe can tell you personally.

Vape

Social Credit
Vape v3 is an update to v2. Most features specific to v2 are redundant ones, but if there’s any specific ones you think you need in v3 you can always suggest them. With that being said, no v2 will not get any separate updates.

With vape lite it hasn’t really been necessary to change or add anything for a while, but I plan on adding a few minor things to it soon.

There isn’t a really schedule though, I’m the only one who works on anything so whenever I finish something it’s put out. There have been ‘updates’ to v3 almost every day since it’s release but the changelog and version number are only changed for new actual features. So v3 is what’s being worked on now but like I said lite will be soon.
Cough* I coded it.

Dot_Dash

Social Credit
Damn, thanks for all the replies. That definitely makes sense now. Can't wait to see what's added to V3!