Update to vape v4 soon?

VapeV4 VapeLite

rofl

Social Credit
Dude why do u want vape v4? there is already vape v3 and they are not doing vape v4

wthwajtwt

Social Credit
Dude why do u want vape v4? there is already vape v3 and they are not doing vape v4
I was just wondering what the difference was, like why would they make vape v4? They obv made a vape v3 when there used to only be vape v2, so I'm just wondering what the difference is between updates and making a whole new vape version.

James

Retired Customer Support
Social Credit
Or would vape v4 be a whole recode of the client? just wondering how this stuff works I'm new to vape
The only time when we release a new whole number version update (i.e. v1.0 -> v2.0 -> v3.0) is when we have made majorly significant changes that warrant the new whole number version. When people request a v4, they're not really asking for v4, they're really just asking for more updates and more features and all that, which we are already doing -- just incrementally. Would you rather have us not release any updates or new features for quite some time (think 6 months or more), then release them all at once in "v4", or would you rather us continue to work incrementally and release our new stuff incrementally? We believe our customers prefer getting access to new stuff as we make it, instead of having to wait for it to be released in batches. Sure, a big new update is more exciting and more attention grabbing, but it results in a worse user experience because in doing that we must neglect to push new things as they are ready.

If you have any suggestions for stuff you want added to the client, I am all ears. :)

wthwajtwt

Social Credit
The only time when we release a new whole number version update (i.e. v1.0 -> v2.0 -> v3.0) is when we have made majorly significant changes that warrant the new whole number version. When people request a v4, they're not really asking for v4, they're really just asking for more updates and more features and all that, which we are already doing -- just incrementally. Would you rather have us not release any updates or new features for quite some time (think 6 months or more), then release them all at once in "v4", or would you rather us continue to work incrementally and release our new stuff incrementally? We believe our customers prefer getting access to new stuff as we make it, instead of having to wait for it to be released in batches. Sure, a big new update is more exciting and more attention grabbing, but it results in a worse user experience because in doing that we must neglect to push new things as they are ready.

If you have any suggestions for stuff you want added to the client, I am all ears. :)
Yea! I totally agree with us getting access to new stuff while you make it ;D Thank you for responding to me and explaining it to me, I was so confused lol. I made some suggestions on the blatant suggestions thread that I think might benefit quite a bit! I hope you take them into consideration :)