The blatant-ness of Anti-Bot.

VapeV4

Leafeon

Social Credit
sj6MC8x.png

A lot of vape users are worried that not hitting the hypixel bot by completely removing it could lead to detections.
Hypixel could just check if players are even hitting the bot in the first place when it circles them, at which case could be a cause for banning users.

Think about it, have you ever hit the bot by accident when playing legit, or when not using autoclicker/aura/aimassit? If so, then they know you're "normal" because everyone does that. Now, have you ever seen a client that can completely remove the bot, or one with an aura that doesn't ever hit the bot? If so, then users of that hack will never hit the bot, and are therefor not "normal."
Now that this is the standard for Vape, it seems more like Vape is adhering to blatant cheaters than to people who want to hide it.
At least, whit recording, having a bot spin around you but you not target it would seem legit. Not seeing any bots at all wouldn't necessarily make you suspicious, it's just less likely that you're hacking if you can at least see the bot.

A simple sub-module to disable the bot entirely would've been the best idea, that way players who are concerned with hitting the bot and getting detected could disable it, while players concerned with looking as close to a normal player as possible could leave it in.

Not to complain. I'd love to completely disable the hypixel bot if it meant not risking a single ban. But it just seems so easy to gather a list of users watchdog'd and find who has an anti-bot by completely not hitting the bot, to the point of hitting through the bot.

I made a suggestion for a module that would remove mobs, that way they don't get in the way of players. I was told that hitting through an entity like that could be cause for detection. Now you're removing the thing designed for detecting whether or not you hit it properly, and it's fine now?

I'd like to suggest a simple toggle for AntiBot to hide (or show) the bot for those like me who are concerned about the possibility of Hypixel implementing such a detection. It should be fine for such a reason, considering you added a vertical check to reach for people also worried about stuff like that.

TL;DR: Make a sub-module to disable the entire removal of the hypixel bot.

Arithmo

Keyboard Smasher
Social Credit
Um, no? The whole point of the bot is for killaura to attack it in order to detect killaura. Watchdog is not that smart currently.
That's like saying using AutoClicker and AimAssist are detectable by heuristics and patterns. No need to wear a tinfoil hat for Watchdog man.

However, I will be adding the option for those who don't like it.

VapeV4

Leafeon

Social Credit
Um, no? The whole point of the bot is for killaura to attack it in order to detect killaura. Watchdog is not that smart currently.
That's like saying using AutoClicker and AimAssist are detectable by heuristics and patterns. No need to wear a tinfoil hat for Watchdog man.

In that case, why was vertical check for reach added? Seems like it was added just to shut up those tinfoil hat wearing users.

Derp-a-herp, you edited your post when I was replying. Thanks for adding the suggested option.

Arithmo

Keyboard Smasher
Social Credit
But to further explain, the bot was never made to "detect" if you're hitting correctly or not. It's currently just for killaura detection as it triggers a ban if you attack it. If that was the case you wouldn't get banned from hitting it when it's flying into your face as a legit.

Manthe

Admin
Social Credit
Vape user
Dec '15
You are correct that they could base checks off not hitting it, it’s just pretty unlikely for hypixel as they aim to have as few false bans as possible, which is why their anticheat isn’t the greatest - but it can’t practically be either due to the amount of players.

We removed the bot because there were a lot of vape users confused by the hypixel bot still flying around them with antibot on, but as said we'll just make it optional.

Satisfying

Social Credit

I'm sure Watchdog *could* be made that smart if the devs wanted to though. Also if GCheat can autoban me for using Aim Assist and Autoclicker, then I don't doubt they could detect that as well lol.

I believe the reason for them not adding those types of checks is to keep their false ban % low, which is super important for a network that large.

Arithmo

Keyboard Smasher
Social Credit
I'm sure Watchdog *could* be made that smart if the devs wanted to though. Also if GCheat can autoban me for using Aim Assist and Autoclicker, then I don't doubt they could detect that as well lol.

I believe the reason for them not adding those types of checks is to keep their false ban % low, which is super important for a network that large.
Ironically enough, a lot of legit players hit the bot on accident and get banned.

VapeV4

Leafeon

Social Credit
Ironically enough, a lot of legit players hit the bot on accident and get banned.
This is the exact opposite of this entire thread's purpose.

If the developers of Watchdog were competent, they would implement the method I proposed for catching anti-bot. Instead they're doing the opposite and banning legit players for hitting it? seriously... Catching a killaura auto-locking on to the bot is one thing. But poofing a bot into existance and spinning around legit players, possibly scaring the shit out of them and banning for them if they react is another.
Actually it's pretty much the same thing. Something they shouldn't do.

Honestly, I feel like at this point they should get rid of the bot. All of my proposed detections could be implemented with invisible entities, and almost every client at this point can get rid of the bot, so it's useless.

The thing is, hypixel's anticheat is already pretty good at not getting any false positives. I've never seen them properly ban someone that wasn't using some mod that altered packets in some way.. with the exception of them hitting the watchdog bot. I'm pretty sure that at this point the bot is the only method for false-positive bans, and it's super annoying.

Last edited:

Satisfying

Social Credit
This is the exact opposite of this entire thread's purpose.

If the developers of Watchdog were competent, they would implement the method I proposed for catching anti-bot. Instead they're doing the opposite and banning legit players for hitting it? seriously... Catching a killaura auto-locking on to the bot is one thing. But poofing a bot into existance and spinning around legit players, possibly scaring the shit out of them and banning for them if they react is another.
Actually it's pretty much the same thing. Something they shouldn't do.

Honestly, I feel like at this point they should get rid of the bot. All of my proposed detections could be implemented with invisible entities, and almost every client at this point can get rid of the bot, so it's useless.

The thing is, hypixel's anticheat is already pretty good at not getting any false positives. I've never seen them properly ban someone that wasn't using some mod that altered packets in some way.. with the exception of them hitting the watchdog bot. I'm pretty sure that at this point the bot is the only method for false-positive bans, and it's super annoying.
If hypixel ever checked for players not hitting the bot at all, then
how about this:

- Antibot still hides all bots from you
- If you are using kill aura with target on someone and a bot begins flying around you, kill aura turns off and autoclicker enables (when bot is in your fov) so that you will still hit the bot just as if you were playing normally

Goal is to simulate the behavior of a legit player left clicking his mouse to attack a player whenever a bot is teleported to you in pvp.

Obviously autoclicker will have to match the cps of the kill aura. Not sure how kill aura target works either so maybe the playerview position will need to be updated when this happens. Very rough idea for something that isn't an issue as of now, so it needs tweaking.

VapeV4

Leafeon

Social Credit
If hypixel ever checked for players not hitting the bot at all, then
how about this:

- Antibot still hides all bots from you
- If you are using kill aura with target on someone and a bot begins flying around you, kill aura turns off and autoclicker enables (when bot is in your fov) so that you will still hit the bot just as if you were playing normally

Goal is to simulate the behavior of a legit player left clicking his mouse to attack a player whenever a bot is teleported to you in pvp.

Obviously autoclicker will have to match the cps of the kill aura. Not sure how kill aura target works either so maybe the playerview position will need to be updated when this happens. Very rough idea for something that isn't an issue as of now, so it needs tweaking.

Seems like AimAssist with the old AntiBot but with more steps.

To be honest, from what everyone is telling me it seems like there's less of a chance of getting banned if you remove the bot all together than to worry about getting banned for not hitting it.

veincheese

Social Credit
So basically @Arithmo will you add a togglable option for anti bot so it doesn’t remove the bot but just makes killaura, aimassist, and all that jazz not lock onto it?
Please, please do. I get the counter-arguments, but it would give me peace of mind knowing that if Hypixel one day implemented a check if we can hit something behind where the bot should be, I won't trigger that check.

KhwPp

Social Credit
So basically @Arithmo will you add a togglable option for anti bot so it doesn’t remove the bot but just makes killaura, aimassist, and all that jazz not lock onto it?
Manthe said he'll be adding it just because people are little shits about this, not because it's necessary.

Satisfying

Social Credit
Seems like AimAssist with the old AntiBot but with more steps.

To be honest, from what everyone is telling me it seems like there's less of a chance of getting banned if you remove the bot all together than to worry about getting banned for not hitting it.
Yep, that's why I said my idea will probably never be used. Just trying to satisfy your paranoia for being banned by not hitting bots.