strange hypixel bans

worldwidee

Social Credit
I didn’t really know where to ask this but I keep getting banned on hypixel with different accounts as soon as I log into the server even with a different IP (PIA). It can’t be a VPN or IP ban because they are staff cheating bans not security bans. Is there a setting in my vpn causing this or is it some sort of hardware ban?

Danylo

Social Credit
Vape user
Jul '22
I think that they are banning you for ban evading, anyways try to check some videos on youtube or on internet wheter some people have experienced the same thing as u

VapeV4 VapeLite

IncognitoDoge

Social Credit
I didn’t really know where to ask this but I keep getting banned on hypixel with different accounts as soon as I log into the server even with a different IP (PIA). It can’t be a VPN or IP ban because they are staff cheating bans not security bans. Is there a setting in my vpn causing this or is it some sort of hardware ban?
I use PIA with no issues, I’m assuming all that’s happening here if you got an IP that was used by someone that did who knows what.

What you’re describing isn’t heard of, at least to my knowledge, they very rarely if ever ban for evasion, just security alerts.

Also a hardware ban is not possible on a Minecraft server.

worldwidee

Social Credit
I use PIA with no issues, I’m assuming all that’s happening here if you got an IP that was used by someone that did who knows what.

What you’re describing isn’t heard of, at least to my knowledge, they very rarely if ever ban for evasion, just security alerts.

so the only possible explanation is that the ip used had already been banned? but arent ip bans usually security bans not staff cheating bans?

worldwidee

Social Credit

and i havent played on hypixel since comp bans and stuff were introduced but is it possible the last time i was banned on these accs was in a competitive game lobby and that triggered a ban when i loaded in or something?

VapeV4 VapeLite

IncognitoDoge

Social Credit
so the only possible explanation is that the ip used had already been banned? but arent ip bans usually security bans not staff cheating bans?
Yeah usually
and i havent played on hypixel since comp bans and stuff were introduced but is it possible the last time i was banned on these accs was in a competitive game lobby and that triggered a ban when i loaded in or something?
That’s not how it works, your IP just gets flagged and bans any account under level 21, in order for what you’re describing to be happening something very wrong must be happening.

VapeV4 VapeLite

Linda

Social Credit
do you instantly get banned (during the loading screen even) or get banned after a few seconds in the lobby ? if its the latter, maybe you left something like timer on

worldwidee

Social Credit
do you instantly get banned (during the loading screen even) or get banned after a few seconds in the lobby ? if its the latter, maybe you left something like timer on
A few seconds in the lobby and I made sure every cheat was off before I joined hypixel

Mercyy

Social Credit
Vape user
Sep '21
But my I used PIA to change my IP
This really confuses me since i've never heard of such an issue before it seems like (since you havent logged on for a while) you were banned in the time of logging of and the ban not being registered but everything you say just doesnt rly match.

worldwidee

Social Credit
This really confuses me since i've never heard of such an issue before it seems like (since you havent logged on for a while) you were banned in the time of logging of and the ban not being registered but everything you say just doesnt rly match.
Yeah cuz I thought IP bans resulted in security bans. Maybe my vape client IP was detected or something? But then again I joined the server and without the client injected aswell so idk. Just gonna have to wait out all the bans on my alts

VapeV4 VapeLite

rofl

Social Credit
Yeah cuz I thought IP bans resulted in security bans. Maybe my vape client IP was detected or something? But then again I joined the server and without the client injected aswell so idk. Just gonna have to wait out all the bans on my alts
There's no "vape client IP" that can be detected. If you have been banned it just meeans the IP of youyr vpn was already banned by someone else.

Mercyy

Social Credit
Vape user
Sep '21
tbh appeal and ask why you got banned

worldwidee

Social Credit
"Vape client IP" does not exist. Vape client does not use any proxy. Look at the error when you get banned, does it say security ban? If yes, then it's a VPN issue, baby.
Ok, I used PIA so if it was a security ban that would mean the IP I was given must have already been banned, but it was a cheating ban even though I had been on the server for only 1 second. This happened twice, once with my client injected and all cheats turned off and once without the client injected at all.

worldwidee

Social Credit
There's no "vape client IP" that can be detected. If you have been banned it just meeans the IP of youyr vpn was already banned by someone else.
Yeah but I don’t think it was because it wasn’t a security ban. I can only assume it’s a ban evading ban, which I thought were security bans but idk

Unicorn

Social Credit
Vape user
Dec '19
Ok, I used PIA so if it was a security ban that would mean the IP I was given must have already been banned, but it was a cheating ban even though I had been on the server for only 1 second. This happened twice, once with my client injected and all cheats turned off and once without the client injected at all.
What mods are you using? You may be using a mod with a blacklisted modid