Question about HitBoxes/Reach

VapeV3Vadium

Social Credit
Hey guys,

I'm playing on a big German server and I got a question regarding hitboxes/reach. The ac may not be the best, but it's pretty solid. You can play with about 3.2 reach and 0.15 hitboxes max at the moment. If you'd go higher with your settings the ac would prevent you from dealing damage. The hits still go through, but you don't deal damage anymore. And after a while of not doing any damage you're gonna get auto banned. My question is, I can play with 3.2 reach and 0.15 hitboxes, but I can't play with 3.35 reach, which should be the same as 3.2 and 0.15 hitboxes (3.2 + 0.15 hitboxes = 3.35 reach?). Why is that?

In my understanding, hitboxes in simple words gives you more reach. So 3.2+0.15 should be the same reach as 3.35 right? But for some reason, 3.35 will get me autobanned and 3.2 + 0.15 bypasses. I don't get it. Maybe I just don't quite understand how hitboxes is working or the ac is just too stupid to understand that 3.2 reach + 0.15 hitboxes gives me the same reach as 3.35 reach. Which one is it? Am I the stupid one because I just don't get it?

Please explain it to me :)

VapeV4 VapeLite

rofl

Social Credit
Hey guys,

I'm playing on a big German server and I got a question regarding hitboxes/reach. The ac may not be the best, but it's pretty solid. You can play with about 3.2 reach and 0.15 hitboxes max at the moment. If you'd go higher with your settings the ac would prevent you from dealing damage. The hits still go through, but you don't deal damage anymore. And after a while of not doing any damage you're gonna get auto banned. My question is, I can play with 3.2 reach and 0.15 hitboxes, but I can't play with 3.35 reach, which should be the same as 3.2 and 0.15 hitboxes (3.2 + 0.15 hitboxes = 3.35 reach?). Why is that?

In my understanding, hitboxes in simple words gives you more reach. So 3.2+0.15 should be the same reach as 3.35 right? But for some reason, 3.35 will get me autobanned and 3.2 + 0.15 bypasses. I don't get it. Maybe I just don't quite understand how hitboxes is working or the ac is just too stupid to understand that 3.2 reach + 0.15 hitboxes gives me the same reach as 3.35 reach. Which one is it? Am I the stupid one because I just don't get it?

Please explain it to me :)
The HitBoxes expend the hitboxes.

VapeV3Vadium

Social Credit
The HitBoxes expend the hitboxes.

yeah, that's obvious. But if you expand the hitboxes, it basically gives you more reach right?
So as I said, 3.2 reach + 0.15 hitboxes should be the same reach as 3.35 reach right? So how is it possible, that 3.35 reach will get me banned and 3.2 reach + 0.15 hitboxes bypasses even if it's basically the exact same reach.

Replaceable

Social Credit
yeah, that's obvious. But if you expand the hitboxes, it basically gives you more reach right?
So as I said, 3.2 reach + 0.15 hitboxes should be the same reach as 3.35 reach right? So how is it possible, that 3.35 reach will get me banned and 3.2 reach + 0.15 hitboxes bypasses even if it's basically the exact same reach.
Yes I think you get more reach because hitboxes expand the hitbox of every player by 0.15 blocks on every direction and you have more reach.

VapeV3Vadium

Social Credit
Okay, but why is it possible that 3.2 reach + 0.15 hitboxes bypasses and 3.35 reach does not? Because as you said, it's the same reach

astetic

Social Credit
hitboxes doesnt give you more reach it expands the hitboxes.
reach gives u more reach.

now with this info we know they are not the same thing.

anticheat detections are different between the 2.

lets say ur using normal reach and a 1 hitbox, you hit from 4 blocks away from the player. It still gets counted as 3 blocks because of the bigger hitbox.

reach increases the reach. hit from 4 blocks and u hit him from 4 blocks.

3.35 reach is different compared to 3.2 reach and 0.15x bigger hitboxes.