Problems with the "blatant" setting on Vape v3

Dot_Dash

Social Credit
Hi,

I've been using Vape for a while now and I'm definitely satisfied with it. However, one thing that's mildly annoying is that when I enable blatant mode to use Scaffold (which by the way, makes bridging much, much easier), I run into a few issues. I've outlined these in a bullet-point style format so that they're easier to read below.

- Performance generally suffers as a rule of thumb when I have this enabled. It's not terrible, but I definitely don't like it because it does make things sometimes fall under the 144 fps mark, which is annoying because I have a 144hz monitor that I try to optimize my games for. The one exception to this is when the firework particles appear on Hypixel when I win a game (which happens often, obviously - i'm cheating lol). This will lag my game for a couple seconds to around 8 fps. Not sure if it's just me, or if other users have experienced this, but it's something to be aware of.

- Inability to save the fact that I have blatant mode toggled when I click "sync settings". If I click this and then restart my game, the setting won't save as toggled and I'll have to re-enable it again.

- When blatant mode is enabled, it will kick me from whatever server I'm currently playing on. Here's a picture of the error that happens (might be useful in fixing this).
GCyCQVi.png

In conclusion, I'm unsure if these issues are a part of the way blatant mode works and must remain in order for the modules that require blatant mode to function properly. I remember seeing Manthe state in a forum post that blatant mode was required for these modules to function and "wasn't just for show". Therefore this definitely makes me think that the setting isn't just a security check to ensure the user wants to go blatant in the first place and that there's stuff hiding under the hood that this setting does. For this reason, I'm not sure if the aforementioned issues are even possible to fix because of how unique the setting is.

Otherwise, I'd like to state that Vape is definitely the best client for trying to cheat without getting caught by far. I've had a great experience with it so far and I'd like to praise it for all that it does right that other clients don't do. Keep up the great work devs!

Last edited:

Dot_Dash

Social Credit
Uhhh the tooltip literally tells you that blatant mode only turns off when you RESTART the game

Oh. Well that was my bad, I didn't notice that on the tooltip. I'm pretty sure the other issues I mentioned are legitimate problems though. Removed it from my post.

Last edited:

Dot_Dash

Social Credit
Yeah that's why I didn't say anything else, the blatant issue is the same on V2. Make sure that your jvm arguments contain;
-XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC, -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode, and -XX:-UseAdaptiveSizePolicy
Already done to no effect. Thanks for the help though.

Manthe

Admin
Social Credit
Vape user
Dec '15
The performance I cant really do much about, although the impact it has may be dependent on mods. Blatant mode specifically doesn't save it's state in your synced settings because of what it does, but once people become more aware of how it works I may change that. The kicking thing is definitely an issue and I will look into that probably today or tomorrow.

Vape

Social Credit
The performance I cant really do much about, although the impact it has may be dependent on mods. Blatant mode specifically doesn't save it's state in your synced settings because of what it does, but once people become more aware of how it works I may change that. The kicking thing is definitely an issue and I will look into that probably today or tomorrow.
Then I the greatest coder of the EU region will code the fix

Zero

Social Credit
yeah this used to happen to me what i did was: forget that blatant exists and search a yt tutorial about speed bridging in 1 month im good to go who needs scaffold...

amoguslol123

Social Credit
yeah this used to happen to me what i did was: forget that blatant exists and search a yt tutorial about speed bridging in 1 month im good to go who needs scaffold...
Some people aren't that good, y'know? (no offense)

Czar

Social Credit
If you're worried about performance issues and still want to cheat, use Vape lite. It makes no difference in terms of memory usage with it injected or not injected (+/- a few MB)