Much talk on Hypixel right now regarding Watchdog. I have questions.

veincheese

Social Credit
So I think no one has missed that Hypixel updated Watchdog. Lots of bans apparently.

I have questions.

1. After reading on Hypixel forums, the staff seems very confident they can detect clients and mods that affect bridging, "even if they are currently disabled". They are even saying that they won't even respond to ban appeals caused by this since they are so certain. Is this true? Am I safe injecting Vape on Hypixel's server, as long as I don't enable the bridging modules?

2. This is connected to the previous question. Hypixel seems incredibly certain they know exactly which mods you have in your forge mod folder. Some people (though only non-staff from what I have seen) says that Forge automatically sends a list of your mod folder to the server you connect to. Is this true? Am I safe to use client side mods that are forbidden (like minimaps) that only affects my client, or do they actually know exactly which mods I have installed, even cosmetic ones? And if this is true, is there any way of hiding a mod you have installed?
hadanillegalmod.PNG

3. IF the Hypixel staff is hyping this up too much, that there is only a risk if you specifically enable bridging mods (like scaffold) in Vape. Is the "legit" speedbridge looking version of scaffold still detectable and bannable, or is that one safe?

Appreciate any replies from anyone who knows. Thank you.

Magnuswlange

Social Credit
TBH, IDC, even on my main.
I have regular mods and using Vape, no ban.
I am using Strafe and AntiBot under blatant, otherwise, no modules from the blatant tab.
The day prior, I used KA, KeepSprinT, NoRotate, still no ban.
I suppose this mainly effects bridging and KA, as both have been confirmed by Arithmo.

Also, been trying V2, still works fine, I have not tried blatant modules though, as I generally avoid these.

Always stay safe. Expect very high settings or usage of modules under the blatant tab to get you banned, even if they do not at the moment, they may do, the next time you log on. Therefore, I keep them off completely.

Last edited:

Manthe

Admin
Social Credit
Vape user
Dec '15
When they say they know if you logged in with an illegal mod they are not referring to a hacked client, they are referring to the fact that when you join a server with forge, forge tells the server every single forge mod you are using. So if you login with a scaffolding forge mod, then it’s not very hard for them to ban over that.

veincheese

Social Credit
When they say they know if you logged in with an illegal mod they are not referring to a hacked client, they are referring to the fact that when you join a server with forge, forge tells the server every single forge mod you are using. So if you login with a scaffolding forge mod, then it’s not very hard for them to ban over that.
Is there any way of bypassing this? I'm talking about my minimap mod here. Is there any way to inject a forge mod into the game without Forge telling the server about it?

Magnuswlange

Social Credit
Is there any way of bypassing this? I'm talking about my minimap mod here. Is there any way to inject a forge mod into the game without Forge telling the server about it?
An injectable client or any other non-forge client, dunno about bypassing it. I believe it checks the name of the mod since it cannot read the mod code but just see which mods. Mod name (or MD5 hash or smth, some identifier). I believe scrambling/obfuscating it would be a waste of time.
DonotquotemeonthisasIhaveverylittleknowledgeonthisarea

If using minimap for a player map, V2 has that function and also in general, works better.

Last edited:

Squaggo

Social Credit
If you changed the mod name & modid you would be good I believe.

TehNeon

Social Credit
An injectable client or any other non-forge client, dunno about bypassing it. I believe it checks the name of the mod since it cannot read the mod code but just see which mods. Mod name (or MD5 hash or smth, some identifier). I believe scrambling/obfuscating it would be a waste of time.
DonotquotemeonthisasIhaveverylittleknowledgeonthisarea

If using minimap for a player map, V2 has that function and also in general, works better.
When the Minecraft client sends the initial join packets, Forge sends the server some information about the client, which is stuff like all the mods you have, which they send in the form of mod-id and mod version.

A way around this, is if the project is open-source, is to change the mod-id, and if for some reason you feel unsafe about that for some reason, also change the mod name too.

KhwPp

Social Credit
This is the reason why MMC doesn't let you log in if you're using Tory's NPC Mod (as an example)

Social Credit
I wouldn't worry about Hypixel Watchdog if you really think they aren't lying just don't use bridging cheats even though I'd bet a lot they still bypass (vape).

If this makes you feel better I jitter clicked with 8-14cps autoclicker on vape v2 setting for about 5 Skywars games and was fine, I forgot to turn it off when I came back from afk.

Also about Vape v2 I find a lot of the modules work perfectly like keep sprint and auto armor.

As for using a Forge mod to cheat with I'm not sure but you can most likely just change the name and id like the people above me said but Vape has a lot of render cheats so I wouldn't bother with Forge mod cheats.