Just another suggestions thread

veincheese

Social Credit
Just some more ideas I had for the client, that I would find useful:

See barrier blocks
As of right now, barrier blocks are totally invisible and skips the rendering engine completely in normal circumstances. There is no way of seeing them (even using wonky texture packs) unless you are in creative mode and are holding a barrier block in your hand.
If there was a way for us to see the barrier blocks, it would be great for all sorts of reasons.

Fuck you/targeting/mortal enemy mode for AimAssist
I know variants of this has been posted in the past, and that priority for AimAssist is a messy thing, but hear me out. If it was possible to enter something into the module which would override all existing priority functionality if it matches, it could be a big advantage in certain games. Example: in Hypixel The Pit (a big FFA) there are a few events where you get a significant reward if you kill a specific enemy, and they are always surrounded by a lot of people making it difficult to target them. These "bounties" are seen by a "5000g" or "BEAST" text after their IGN in the name tag. If we could add a text string target in the AimAssist, that always targets someone with that text string in the name tag if they are within range, it would be great.

Easier to see health for enemies
I know some servers obfuscate this, making the NameTag always show the same number, but many servers don't. Hypixel being a big player that you can see this information in for example. But the little number in the nametag is difficult to read, especially in fast and intense moments, so it would be nice to be able to know people's health faster on the supported servers than the little number in the name tag. It could be implemented many ways, health bar over their head that shows percentage where 10 hearts is 100%, some color overlay on the nametag or the player themselves ranging from green on full health to red on low, etc.

Rear mirror
Maybe this is a crazy idea, but it seems to have been a thing back in the day in hacked clients for early minecraft versions. Essentially a little rear view somewhere on the screen, making it impossible to sneak up behind you. I'm sure I don't have to give examples where this would be useful. ;)

Arithmo

Keyboard Smasher
Social Credit
Just some more ideas I had for the client, that I would find useful:

See barrier blocks
As of right now, barrier blocks are totally invisible and skips the rendering engine completely in normal circumstances. There is no way of seeing them (even using wonky texture packs) unless you are in creative mode and are holding a barrier block in your hand.
If there was a way for us to see the barrier blocks, it would be great for all sorts of reasons.

Fuck you/targeting/mortal enemy mode for AimAssist
I know variants of this has been posted in the past, and that priority for AimAssist is a messy thing, but hear me out. If it was possible to enter something into the module which would override all existing priority functionality if it matches, it could be a big advantage in certain games. Example: in Hypixel The Pit (a big FFA) there are a few events where you get a significant reward if you kill a specific enemy, and they are always surrounded by a lot of people making it difficult to target them. These "bounties" are seen by a "5000g" or "BEAST" text after their IGN in the name tag. If we could add a text string target in the AimAssist, that always targets someone with that text string in the name tag if they are within range, it would be great.

Easier to see health for enemies
I know some servers obfuscate this, making the NameTag always show the same number, but many servers don't. Hypixel being a big player that you can see this information in for example. But the little number in the nametag is difficult to read, especially in fast and intense moments, so it would be nice to be able to know people's health faster on the supported servers than the little number in the name tag. It could be implemented many ways, health bar over their head that shows percentage where 10 hearts is 100%, some color overlay on the nametag or the player themselves ranging from green on full health to red on low, etc.

Rear mirror
Maybe this is a crazy idea, but it seems to have been a thing back in the day in hacked clients for early minecraft versions. Essentially a little rear view somewhere on the screen, making it impossible to sneak up behind you. I'm sure I don't have to give examples where this would be useful. ;)

If I remember correctly, you can't get the true health of a player, just what the server reports to you. Those servers that report everyone at like 0.5 hearts and such abuse that to prevent people from knowing their opponents health. To my knowledge there's no work around this except keeping track of when they get hurt and calculating damage.

veincheese

Social Credit
If I remember correctly, you can't get the true health of a player, just what the server reports to you. Those servers that report everyone at like 0.5 hearts and such abuse that to prevent people from knowing their opponents health. To my knowledge there's no work around this except keeping track of when they get hurt and calculating damage.
I'm just taking Hypixel as an example here. In the NameTag module, it displays the true health correctly. Just looks very small on the screen, which was why I suggested the health bar or something like that. :)

Vape

Social Credit
Maybe a calculation mode for health name tags would be a nice addition with a tool tip that states that it’s not completely accurate?

veincheese

Social Credit
Maybe a calculation mode for health name tags would be a nice addition with a tool tip that states that it’s not completely accurate?
It wouldn't really be worth it in the end.

I'm not sure if I explained this badly. I'm only talking about a feature that would work when servers reports that information. Like Hypixel does. Turn on NameTags module and you will see that the health number is 100% accurate in all Hypixel games.

The only problem I have with it is that it's very small and hard to read when there are many people around, and when it's much going on. So just a basic little "bar" on top of their head where 10 hearts is full green bar or something and 1 heart is a almost empty red bar would be VERY helpful. I'm not talking about something fancy that would calculate what the health probably is for someone when the server doesn't support it. :p

Clearily this should be possible since the NameTags module already can display the health?

veincheese

Social Credit
I'm gonna try to explain what I meant by the health bar with pictures. Paint skills, I know :p

Thing is, I don't like having NameTags on in games with a lot of people. The screen gets so filled up with tags you can barely see anything.

So here is my suggestion: a separate module that shows this:
1-2.png

when NameTags would show this:
1-1.png

This:
2-2.png

when NameTags would show this:
2-1.png

This:
3-2.png

When NameTags would show this:
3-1.png

Get it?

veincheese

Social Credit
Soooo, I didn't really get a response on any of my suggestions in this thread. Were they good? Anything you plan to implement?