Ideas for Linux Support (I'm on linux)

RazorSharpPig

Social Credit
A nice easy way for Linux users to use exe files is to use the programme wine, which when used just wont run the programme, I've recently moved to linux and I play minecraft using something called an "App image" which is basically just an exe file for linux users.

Please, I beg can vape client get support for linux, I think all you need to do is distrubute it as an app image and in properties make it excecutable, I'm not that smart of a linux user, this is just an idea that I have no idea how it works.

VapeV4

SomeRandomDude

Social Credit
Vape user
Jan '21
no fucking retarded ass nigga manthe wont ever fucking add it go fucking die in a hole nobody ever fucking loved your entire fucking family wants you to fucking commit suicide fucking retarded ass nigga motherfucker kys

ukm

Social Credit
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX. Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

ukm

Social Credit
no fucking retarded ass nigga manthe wont ever fucking add it go fucking die in a hole nobody ever fucking loved your entire fucking family wants you to fucking commit suicide fucking retarded ass nigga motherfucker kys
You remind me of minemen club players when they lose

Shitterdown

Social Credit
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX. Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.
no. its linux.

RazorSharpPig

Social Credit
The distro of linux I'm using is arch linux, there are a bunch of other distros like gnu/linux, debian, gnome, etc. It really shouldn't be THAT hard considering some programmes actually can run on linux without the creator even knowing.

processos

Social Credit
No, manthe won't add that. But, use wine, which makes it possible to run EXE's on linux.

it doesn't work either because it's an windows application built for windows or if actually does run it's not gonna do anything anyway, it can't check for a running minecraft process and if it somehow does, it's just gonna crash trying to inject a dll built for windows in a thing that's definitely not a windows process

Trensin

Social Credit
The whole client will have to be rewritten as programs that ’inject‘ into other programs need to have exactly the right operating system to work. Vape doesn’t even work on Windows 32 bit.

RazorSharpPig

Social Credit
which version and architecture of windows did you try to install? maybe your computer is x86 and you tried install x64 windows architecture, anyways vape doesn't work on x86 (I guess just by what I've read in this thread, check https://vape.gg)
so should i get a flash tool for x86 or should i get a windows iso file x86? im presuming the flash tool

RazorSharpPig

Social Credit
which version and architecture of windows did you try to install? maybe your computer is x86 and you tried install x64 windows architecture, anyways vape doesn't work on x86 (I guess just by what I've read in this thread, check https://vape.gg)
oh yea and the problem actually is when installing it dosent detect the raid installer/storage driver. If you have any ideas I BEG you contact me on discord, GhostieZ ;3#3371