How does the atlas system affect you?

crakka

Social Credit
From the perspective of a legit player who dislikes cheating, has the atlas system actually been working against you? Have you noticed a difference? Also, I'm pretty sure hypixel did a bigger update to watchdog yesterday, did you notice anything?

I'm genuinely curious the perspective of you guys.

Veraux

Social Credit
It’s more for blatant cheaters, it isn’t accurate enough to show less than 3.5 reach. Vertical velocity isn’t hard to see, but horizontal is tricky. Other than that atlas doesn’t really affect closet cheating. This is just what I’ve noticed from doing lots of atlas reports.

Welcome back btw

crakka

Social Credit
It’s more for blatant cheaters, it isn’t accurate enough to show less than 3.5 reach. Vertical velocity isn’t hard to see, but horizontal is tricky. Other than that atlas doesn’t really affect closet cheating. This is just what I’ve noticed from doing lots of atlas reports.

Welcome back btw
Yep. I've found, unfortunately, that mods on hypixel will pretty much only ban blatant hopping and fly. Wish they would learn what cheating looks like and ban people for closets, like other servers. However, it's hypixel, so they can't just ban people based on what they think. sigh.

Veraux

Social Credit
Yep. I've found, unfortunately, that mods on hypixel will pretty much only ban blatant hopping and fly. Wish they would learn what cheating looks like and ban people for closets, like other servers. However, it's hypixel, so they can't just ban people based on what they think. sigh.
Yeah that’s partially why I’ve stopped playing hypixel consistently, it’s too easy to cheat and it gets really tiring to fight.

sensei

Social Credit
i don’t cheat (yet) but i think hypixel will not be able to deal with closet cheaters purely because of the massive player count. if watchdog can’t help, then having staff members spec players etc will be time consuming and overall it’s never going to stop

crakka

Social Credit
i don’t cheat (yet) but i think hypixel will not be able to deal with closet cheaters purely because of the massive player count. if watchdog can’t help, then having staff members spec players etc will be time consuming and overall it’s never going to stop
i dislike that staff members cant ban closet cheaters. because it's hypixel, they pretty much can only ban blatants, unlike other servers like lunar.

sensei

Social Credit
i dislike that staff members cant ban closet cheaters. because it's hypixel, they pretty much can only ban blatants, unlike other servers like lunar.
yeah i get u, servers like lunar are much smaller tho compared to hypixel. and they have much better anti-cheat and dedicated staff that screenshare or spec players themselves whereas hypixel just relies more so on its anti-cheat system

crakka

Social Credit
yeah i get u, servers like lunar are much smaller tho compared to hypixel. and they have much better anti-cheat and dedicated staff that screenshare or spec players themselves whereas hypixel just relies more so on its anti-cheat system
yep, since hypixel is a big server, they cant ban people who arent "100% cheating," even if it's pretty obvious. Wish staff just when off what they see, at least more cheaters would get banned.

Cavalier

Social Credit
From the perspective of a legit player who dislikes cheating, has the atlas system actually been working against you? Have you noticed a difference? Also, I'm pretty sure hypixel did a bigger update to watchdog yesterday, did you notice anything?

I'm genuinely curious the perspective of you guys.
As long as you dont go overboard with the settings, you should be fine againts atlas and staff specating.

I honestly dont cheat in anything on hypixel but Ranked Skywars. The amount of blatant closet cheaters is insane and the atlas system is too slow to help, you will end up being drained a ton before a single cheater gets banned.

The settings in my signature should bypass Atlas fine, though.

Cavalier

Social Credit
Maybe if atlas improves in the far future, NFA alts will probably be gone with the new migration system so say goodbye to most blatant cheaters, the only thing they will need to worry about then is the closet cheaters, so the atlas system might be improved or something.