does v4 work with lunar?

VapeV4 VapeLite

meowmeow

Social Credit
Yes it works but Lunar isn't supported so if you encounter any issues you have to solve it yourself or there might not even be a solution (like some modules don't work on lunar, like bedplates and xray).

Reactions: aka

Xertzion

Social Credit
Vape user
Sep '22
Yes it works but Lunar isn't supported so if you encounter any issues you have to solve it yourself or there might not even be a solution (like some modules don't work on lunar, like bedplates and xray).
What clients are supported then?

VapeV4 VapeLite

Yeah_Jack

Social Credit
Vape user
Mar '22
Bedplates now work

pickledick

Social Credit
I see well I use forge I just remember long ago bed plates didn't work on lunar, good to see something happening.
Thats worked on lunar for a while afaik. I highly doubt they actually specially fixed it for lunar it was probably unrelated or because of changes lunar made. Regardless I don’t understand the whole sentiment of “vape doesnt work well on lunar and needs to be fixed” when literally the only difference is that xray is removed on it

VapeV4 VapeLite

meowmeow

Social Credit
Thats worked on lunar for a while afaik. I highly doubt they actually specially fixed it for lunar it was probably unrelated or because of changes lunar made. Regardless I don’t understand the whole sentiment of “vape doesnt work well on lunar and needs to be fixed” when literally the only difference is that xray is removed on it
Vape does work just fine on lunar but you might encounter issues or crashes. And no a couple of months ago bedplates did not work on lunar.

pickledick

Social Credit
Vape does work just fine on lunar but you might encounter issues or crashes. And no a couple of months ago bedplates did not work on lunar.
A couple months is kinda long though it’s not really recent I don’t think but whatever

About issues or crashes I don’t ever get any more than I would on forge or vanilla. I mean are there really any at all that you know of for specifically on lunar? The only “bugs” I ever see are kids saying they can’t inject, and then if they mention they’re on lunar people harass them with cringey “lunar isn’t supported” shit. Like they’re just assuming it’s caused by that when there’s a million other possible reasons like their anti virus or something else.

VapeV4 VapeLite

meowmeow

Social Credit
A couple months is kinda long though it’s not really recent I don’t think but whatever

About issues or crashes I don’t ever get any more than I would on forge or vanilla. I mean are there really any at all that you know of for specifically on lunar? The only “bugs” I ever see are kids saying they can’t inject, and then if they mention they’re on lunar people harass them with cringey “lunar isn’t supported” shit. Like they’re just assuming it’s caused by that when there’s a million other possible reasons like their anti virus or something else.
You might experience more issues due to incompatibilities that you cannot easily fix (like if it happens on forge you can just remove that mod). I haven't had any major issues when I used lunar but if you do encounter issues such as modules not working or crashes then it is most likely lunar or a mod in lunar, as vape works on forge as it should (with the exception of a few known bugs with vape itself). Obviously vape makes sure to keep itself injectable into popular third party clients, it is in their interest as it makes purchasing vape more appealing. Just imagine how many people use vape on lunar, that would use another injectable client if vape didn't work.

If Manthe owned Lunar Client he would obviously support lunar but since he doesn't he can't control what lunar does or add so if they ever do something that makes vape crash/not inject then all he can really do is update vape to inject which isn't guaranteed to even work depending on what lunar does.

Let's say everything worked on lunar as it should and vape officially supporting lunar, what would happen if lunar decides to patch injectable clients? You would have to remove support, which would cause a tremendous amount of backlash from everyone buying vape to use on lunar since it was "supported".

Not supporting third party clients save support from having to deal with issues they cannot fix, as well as protecting vape if any of these clients actually decide to take action.

pickledick

Social Credit
You might experience more issues due to incompatibilities that you cannot easily fix (like if it happens on forge you can just remove that mod). I haven't had any major issues when I used lunar but if you do encounter issues such as modules not working or crashes then it is most likely lunar or a mod in lunar, as vape works on forge as it should (with the exception of a few known bugs with vape itself). Obviously vape makes sure to keep itself injectable into popular third party clients, it is in their interest as it makes purchasing vape more appealing. Just imagine how many people use vape on lunar, that would use another injectable client if vape didn't work.

If Manthe owned Lunar Client he would obviously support lunar but since he doesn't he can't control what lunar does or add so if they ever do something that makes vape crash/not inject then all he can really do is update vape to inject which isn't guaranteed to even work depending on what lunar does.

Let's say everything worked on lunar as it should and vape officially supporting lunar, what would happen if lunar decides to patch injectable clients? You would have to remove support, which would cause a tremendous amount of backlash from everyone buying vape to use on lunar since it was "supported".

Not supporting third party clients save support from having to deal with issues they cannot fix, as well as protecting vape if any of these clients actually decide to take action.
“Support” is just a misnomer. I’m not talking about that. I know it’s not supported, and I know vape always works on lunar and that “supported” means nothing at all it’s just an endorsement. Again not talking about that.

What bugs are there? I’m failing to see any of these supposed bugs and issues on lunar that you’re referring to.

VapeV4 VapeLite

meowmeow

Social Credit
“Support” is just a misnomer. I’m not talking about that. I know it’s not supported, and I know vape always works on lunar and that “supported” means nothing at all it’s just an endorsement. Again not talking about that.

What bugs are there? I’m failing to see any of these supposed bugs and issues on lunar that you’re referring to.
How well it works usually depends on your computer. Personally it has worked fine except from some modules not working or crashing me and I had random crash issues once but fixed it eventually. The biggest issue people have is injection and lag/crashes trying to use blatant features which personally I haven't had myself.