Changelogs

Dark_

Social Credit
Add bypass updates to the Vape changelogs. This helps informs players what does and doesn't work after each update. It would take away the need to test and lose accounts.

James

Retired Customer Support
Social Credit
If we do that then the people who make anti-cheats will know when we have bypassed their anti-cheats and they'll know they have to test our hacks again to see how to patch it. Sorry but this isn't going to happen, at least for the most part.

VapeV4

Leafeon

Social Credit
Wait, vape updates bypasses?
Looks like there's a bit of truth behind needing to "inform players".

Dark_

Social Credit
If we do that then the people who make anti-cheats will know when we have bypassed their anti-cheats and they'll know they have to test our hacks again to see how to patch it. Sorry but this isn't going to happen, at least for the most part.
Okay how about:
  • Updated Watchdog Bypasses

Manthe

Admin
Social Credit
Vape user
Dec '15
Okay how about:
  • Updated Watchdog Bypasses
Because we update detections separately of actual "updates", they are pushed out as soon as they are fixed, not waited until a content update is released - ie what you see in the changelog. There were probably 5-6 updates while we were on version 3.23 to fix bugs or detections. So it would be redundant to say what you suggested since it would be in every new version.

So with that being said you might suggest that we should desperately give an indication whenever we fix detections, however this would only benefit their anticheat as it would give them a way to always stay on top of creating detections as they are fixed.

VapeV4

Leafeon

Social Credit
Because we update detections separately of actual "updates", they are pushed out as soon as they are fixed, not waited until a content update is released - ie what you see in the changelog. There were probably 5-6 updates while we were on version 3.23 to fix bugs or detections. So it would be redundant to say what you suggested since it would be in every new version.

So with that being said you might suggest that we should desperately give an indication whenever we fix detections, however this would only benefit their anticheat as it would give them a way to always stay on top of creating detections as they are fixed.

Could always have a separate list for minor updates and patches, maybe on somewhere like telegram. No need to be specific, but literally just saying "Updated a bypass" every other day would be better than a month of silence.

Unless you do have a telegram, in which case I'm an idiot. Otherwise, I've been going to the vape download page almost every down for months now checking on updates. I get excited whenever I see the number increase after nearly a month, but just reading about a bug fix and a few features added/updated that I probably won't/don't use is sort of a let down.

It'd be amazing if we could have some sort of nightly changelog, even if it contained the smallest things. Even if it was only updated once a week, that'd be a lot better than waiting a month for an update when in reality Vape is constantly being fixed and patched.

James

Retired Customer Support
Social Credit
Could always have a separate list for minor updates and patches, maybe on somewhere like telegram. No need to be specific, but literally just saying "Updated a bypass" every other day would be better than a month of silence.

Unless you do have a telegram, in which case I'm an idiot. Otherwise, I've been going to the vape download page almost every down for months now checking on updates. I get excited whenever I see the number increase after nearly a month, but just reading about a bug fix and a few features added/updated that I probably won't/don't use is sort of a let down.

It'd be amazing if we could have some sort of nightly changelog, even if it contained the smallest things. Even if it was only updated once a week, that'd be a lot better than waiting a month for an update when in reality Vape is constantly being fixed and patched.
I can see how a "nightly" change-log would be cool for our power users to stay on top of what's going on with Vape's development, but that would just make it easier for anti-cheat developers to stay on top of what we are doing and get ahead of us. If we show all our cards, they'll be able to take advantage of that and test our new bypasses as soon as we release them. I understand why this would be (at first) beneficial to you guys, but in the long run it would just make Vape worse. Sorry, but this is not going to happen in any capacity.

Manthe

Admin
Social Credit
Vape user
Dec '15

Yeah as stated above it just goes against everyones interest to notify anticheat developers when we patch something. Similarly I used to announce patching screenshare methods for vape v2 but all that did was notify people to look for new ways to find it.