Better BowAimbot for V3

Dot_Dash

Social Credit
It would be nice if BowAimbot could be reimplemented into V3, but this time much better. The BowAimbot in V2 is pretty bad to be honest. If you're even mildly decent with a bow, it's honestly better to just use your own skill versus trying to let the aimbot do the work. It would hit, at a maximum, around 1/4 shots I took (from experience). I'm not entirely sure how hard it is to code a projectile aimbot, but I believe it's definitely possible to make a better aimbot than the one present in V2. Thanks for reading!

KhwPp

Social Credit
Don't you think it's a little bit toooooooooo hard to code something that's got the predict other players movement?

Dot_Dash

Social Credit
Don't you think it's a little bit toooooooooo hard to code something that's got the predict other players movement?
It's so difficult to make to the point where it's easier to just aim the bow yourself. Trust me

It's difficult, but I honestly do think it would be worth the time spent coding it. It's been proven before that it is possible to make something that predicts movement of other players in order to shoot projectiles at them (albeit in a different game, but the general principle still remains). See this example from TF2, where someone made a bot that hits airshots on people in midair. Obviously you wouldn't have this crazy y-axis velocity in Minecraft because people are generally moving on the x-axis, so I honestly think it would be a bit easier to code because of that (i.e primarily focusing on the bot's ability to hit people moving predictably on the x-axis and not the y-axis). This would definitely be useful because if you could rely on the bot to hit shots, say, 1/2 of the time, you could easily kill players from much further away, provided you had enough arrows. Obviously there would be no point to using this in practice servers and the like, but in games like Skywars/Bedwars this would definitely help you out.

Zolfe

Social Credit
Or maybe just have "projectiles" which shows you where your arrow/enderpearl is gonna land

Dot_Dash

Social Credit
There's a big difference between a gun/rocket launcher that instantly hits before a player can move/Dodge vs a bow that shoots out a slow ass arrow

Yes, the projectile speed is different but it's generally the same idea. It still has to travel some amount of distance before hitting the target, like an arrow. I'm not saying they're the same thing, but it was just a proof of concept to show that projectile aimbots are possible.

ViKT0R

Social Credit
Why can't there just be extended hitboxes for bows?
Seems like it would be easier to make but idk anything about coding so

ViKT0R

Social Credit
Ah, then there's probably no hope for a good bow hack that isn't blatant