anti nick mod for hypixel

Untethered

Social Credit
I think someone said this was impossible because Vape can only react upon things it receives and it doesn’t receive information about people being nicked

James

Retired Customer Support
Social Credit
James, has there been any updates on this?

@Manthe @James
I brought it up with Manthe a little while ago and he basically said that while it's possible, it's not practical. Since this method relies on a bug / "work around" that queries Hypixel's server(s) and parses the data to find true usernames, it'll eventually be patched by Hypixel and make our work redundant. So, it's not going to get added.

veincheese

Social Credit
I brought it up with Manthe a little while ago and he basically said that while it's possible, it's not practical. Since this method relies on a bug / "work around" that queries Hypixel's server(s) and parses the data to find true usernames, it'll eventually be patched by Hypixel and make our work redundant. So, it's not going to get added.
Wait, what? With that logic, why did you ever code a fly or bhop module? Those are naturally also going to be patched some day by Hypixel?

AntiNick would be really really fun. Just like anything other in the client that obviously won't last forever. I don't understand why you apply the "lets not code anything that will eventually get patched" logic to this when you don't with the other blatant stuff in the client.

xRat123

Social Credit
Wait, what? With that logic, why did you ever code a fly or bhop module? Those are naturally also going to be patched some day by Hypixel?

AntiNick would be really really fun. Just like anything other in the client that obviously won't last forever. I don't understand why you apply the "lets not code anything that will eventually get patched" logic to this when you don't with the other blatant stuff in the client.
But the thing is for fly and bhop there are new exploits/ways you can work around it. But a bug not really because after it's fixed there's a 99 .999% chance theres no workaround

James

Retired Customer Support
Social Credit
But the thing is for fly and bhop there are new exploits/ways you can work around it. But a bug not really because after it's fixed there's a 99 .999% chance theres no workaround
This is basically correct. Since with the other modules we are working with stuff that we can change client side (the nick name stuff is all pulled from their servers), we can always find work arounds to get around anti-cheats if we try hard enough. With the antinick stuff, once Hypixel figures out how that information is getting out they can patch it and the hack is useless and we won't have a workaround for it since it's based off that one little quirk in their systems. I hope that makes sense.

veincheese

Social Credit
This is basically correct. Since with the other modules we are working with stuff that we can change client side (the nick name stuff is all pulled from their servers), we can always find work arounds to get around anti-cheats if we try hard enough. With the antinick stuff, once Hypixel figures out how that information is getting out they can patch it and the hack is useless and we won't have a workaround for it since it's based off that one little quirk in their systems. I hope that makes sense.
I see. Would you then be willing to share the method how the nick resolving you discovered worked with us that bought the client? That would get rid of 99% of the work on your end by not having to code the module, but would give us 99% of the advantage of knowing how to do it manually in situations when it would matter.

Because it really would be an advantage in certain situations. I'd gladly share in detail when it would if you are interested.

VapeV4 VapeLite

WonderIf

Social Credit
Vape user
Mar '18
I see. Would you then be willing to share the method how the nick resolving you discovered worked with us that bought the client? That would get rid of 99% of the work on your end by not having to code the module, but would give us 99% of the advantage of knowing how to do it manually in situations when it would matter.

Because it really would be an advantage in certain situations. I'd gladly share in detail when it would if you are interested.
Try checkicg the name from tab and then with the chat in auto complete feature

James

Retired Customer Support
Social Credit

I actually don't know how the antinick mod works. I just know that it does, and it does it off an exploit or vulnerability in Hypixel's databases somehow. Nevertheless, if a program with a user base the size of Vape got a hold of that vulnerability, it'd likely be patched immediately since we have so many users, and they'd be more compelled to fix it when tens of thousands of people could use it on their network immediately (if we pushed the module to a new update) vs. if it was distributed in mod form (where only a limited amount of users would use it immediately).

an0ndev

Social Credit
originally you could use the official API's /status endpoint to query the server of any given player, and compare that against your own server (you can get this with a hypixel command), so back when there was a finite number of nick users (all youtubers and staff), it would be feasible to query *all* nick users' servers and compare them against your own. hypixel has since removed the server id from the API call, I don't know how the current revision of this works (a friend saw a bot do it in a game recently) but I figured I would post this for historical purposes

an0ndev

Social Credit

so basically a single vape user would have to make thousands of API queries to denick a single player (this would be super sus since they're tied to users directly), and the results aren't cacheable since players change servers so quickly / it's inconsistent that out-of-date results, even if by just a few seconds, would be accurate