An Actual Guide To Hypixel's (Complicated) Ban System.

VapeV4 VapeLite

IncognitoDoge

Social Credit
So.. I didn't really think about making another guide but I see a lot of misinformation and misconceptions that myself and others have to clear up so I'm making this one last thing just so everyone has a general idea of how it works since it gets VERY complicated.

For the other nerds, the source to all of this is an anti cheat dev (who I will not name to avoid exposing my real identity.) Yes you are kind of just taking my word for this but I have no reason to lie just like I had no reason to lie in all of my other guides.

In order to understand how ban lengths all work you have to understand the 3 different types of bans handed out; they are as follows:

- Competitive Bans (Cheating, Stats Boosting)
- Minor Bans (Extreme Chat Infraction, Inappropriate Building, Etc)
- Permanent Bans (Security Alerts, Chargeback)

Just to make it clear, this is not how Hypixel lists these officially, this is just how I'm naming them to make this guide less confusing HOWEVER this system is still how ban lengths are determined.

Since this is the VAPE forums, it only seems right to discuss how cheating bans are measured. Cheating bans are categorized as competitive bans meaning that after you are unbanned you can check your competitive ban status in game and it'll be active meaning that you are forbidden from playing any game that is deemed competitive.

Also small note, I believe that exploiting used to count as a competitive ban but may've been removed. I'm not 100% sure on this since it's very hard to get banned for exploits in the first place and I don't know of anyone that has been banned for that reason but I thought it was worth mentioning.

To start off, lets say you have a clean account; your first competitive ban will ALWAYS be 30 days and has a 1 month penalty after being unbanned that prevents you from playing any competitive game. If you get banned for ANY REASON within 3 months of your first competitive ban, you get banned for 1 year. If you get banned from 4 - 5 months of a 30 day competitive ban, the timer will change to 180 days. Anything after 6 months will just reset back to 30 days HOWEVER THAT ONLY HAPPENS ONCE. Hypixel did this to make sure that people cannot abuse the system since if you think about it 30 days isn't actually that bad.

Here is a cheat sheet to understand it better:

First 30 Day Ban

Banned within 3 months = 1 year
Banned within 4 - 5 months = 180 days (Occurs One Time)
Banned after 6 months = 30 days (Occurs One Time)

Now you may be asking, lets say you get banned once for 30 days, nothing happens for 6 months until you get banned for a 2nd 30 days. What happens here is the same system except now, if you get banned for ANY reason within 5 months, you get banned for a year. After 6 months you will receive 180 days.

Anything after this is kinda self explanatory, if you get a 30 day and a 180 day, anything after is 1 year, if you get a 30 day with a year, anything after is also a year and so on.
If you've been banned on a lot of accounts, some red flags might be raised right now for you; In the previous spoiler I've only mentioned 1 year, 180 day, and 30 day bans... What about people that have been banned for 90 days, how does this work? That is where the minor bans come into play and it gets even more complicated... To make it short, a minor ban is just anything that isn't classified as competitive that is also timed.

Your first minor ban will either be 7 days or 30 days, as far as I know the only 7 day bans are for drawing something inappropriate in build battle or pixel painters and 30 days for everything else. This ban system is similar to the competitive ban system but a little less harsh. If you get banned for ANY reason within 3 months of a MINOR ban you only get banned for 180 days, if you get banned within 4 - 5 months of a minor ban you get 90 days and this is also where people have somehow gotten 90 days for cheating or boosting, only happens if they were banned for something stupid beforehand. After 6 months it just resets again to 30 or 7 days (build battle offenses lol.)

Cheat Sheet:

7 OR 30 Day Minor Ban (First)

Banned within 3 months = 180 days
Banned within 4 - 5 months = 90 days (Once)
Banned after 6 months = 7 or 30 days (Once I think)

At this point hopefully you have a decent understanding and can kind of fit the pieces together, I'll quickly explain some other things, for minor bans no it does not matter if your next ban is competitive or not the time is still the same, if you get 2 30 day / 7 days itll always be 90 days after, if you get banned again after that its 180 and so on.

ALSO in case you are wondering yes it is possible to get banned for a year for a minor offense, you would have to get banned once for 7 or 30 days, followed by getting banned again within 5 months for 180 days or 90 days and getting banned again shortly after those bans. It's possible but very hard to (why would you want to get banned for something that stupid anyways..?)

VapeV4 VapeLite

IncognitoDoge

Social Credit
So I haven't talked about permanent bans and that's because they're kind of boring. I know how they work first-hand since I've had this happen on an alt when I was new to the cheating scene. Basically to be brief, if you get security banned or something and you get banned again within 5 months for anything your next ban is 90 days (this is also how some people get 90 days.) I don't think getting banned within 3 months after a security will actually get you 1 year (NOTE I MIGHT BE WRONG ON THAT, I don't know anyone that was banned within that time frame and the alt I used was banned within 4 months.)
OK so I haven't brought up the ban level system in this guide, the reason for that is because it would just make this whole guide more complicated than it needs to be, if you must know, the system isn't actually that interesting or meaningful. Basically your ban status is low if it has been 6 months from any infraction or if you've never been banned at all, it'll be medium if you've been unbanned after a 30 day ban, any other situation such as unbans after 180 days or 1 year, 90, etc will always be set as high. The one exception to this is minor bans, if you get security banned followed by a 90 day I think it just stays as medium but not entirely sure. Didn't want to make a dedicated post since it isn't interesting. If you want to know more about something leave a comment.

This is all that's too it, yes its lengthy but I suppose its worth knowing so you know what you're risking. Sorry if this looks messy I just wanted to get this out there so there wouldn't be any more misinformation spread. If you have any different experiences that says otherwise from this leave a comment, the system is weird so I'm not doubting it but don't lie. Or lie in an obvious way so everyone isn't confused and there isn't more misinformation.

Doge Out

realhypixel

Social Credit
T
So.. I didn't really think about making another guide but I see a lot of misinformation and misconceptions that myself and others have to clear up so I'm making this one last thing just so everyone has a general idea of how it works since it gets VERY complicated.

For the other nerds, the source to all of this is an anti cheat dev (who I will not name to avoid exposing my real identity.) Yes you are kind of just taking my word for this but I have no reason to lie just like I had no reason to lie in all of my other guides.

In order to understand how ban lengths all work you have to understand the 3 different types of bans handed out; they are as follows:

- Competitive Bans (Cheating, Stats Boosting)
- Minor Bans (Extreme Chat Infraction, Inappropriate Building, Etc)
- Permanent Bans (Security Alerts, Chargeback)

Just to make it clear, this is not how Hypixel lists these officially, this is just how I'm naming them to make this guide less confusing HOWEVER this system is still how ban lengths are determined.

Since this is the VAPE forums, it only seems right to discuss how cheating bans are measured. Cheating bans are categorized as competitive bans meaning that after you are unbanned you can check your competitive ban status in game and it'll be active meaning that you are forbidden from playing any game that is deemed competitive.

Also small note, I believe that exploiting used to count as a competitive ban but may've been removed. I'm not 100% sure on this since it's very hard to get banned for exploits in the first place and I don't know of anyone that has been banned for that reason but I thought it was worth mentioning.

To start off, lets say you have a clean account; your first competitive ban will ALWAYS be 30 days and has a 1 month penalty after being unbanned that prevents you from playing any competitive game. If you get banned for ANY REASON within 3 months of your first competitive ban, you get banned for 1 year. If you get banned from 4 - 5 months of a 30 day competitive ban, the timer will change to 180 days. Anything after 6 months will just reset back to 30 days HOWEVER THAT ONLY HAPPENS ONCE. Hypixel did this to make sure that people cannot abuse the system since if you think about it 30 days isn't actually that bad.

Here is a cheat sheet to understand it better:

First 30 Day Ban

Banned within 3 months = 1 year
Banned within 4 - 5 months = 180 days (Occurs One Time)
Banned after 6 months = 30 days (Occurs One Time)

Now you may be asking, lets say you get banned once for 30 days, nothing happens for 6 months until you get banned for a 2nd 30 days. What happens here is the same system except now, if you get banned for ANY reason within 5 months, you get banned for a year. After 6 months you will receive 180 days.

Anything after this is kinda self explanatory, if you get a 30 day and a 180 day, anything after is 1 year, if you get a 30 day with a year, anything after is also a year and so on.
If you've been banned on a lot of accounts, some red flags might be raised right now for you; In the previous spoiler I've only mentioned 1 year, 180 day, and 30 day bans... What about people that have been banned for 90 days, how does this work? That is where the minor bans come into play and it gets even more complicated... To make it short, a minor ban is just anything that isn't classified as competitive that is also timed.

Your first minor ban will either be 7 days or 30 days, as far as I know the only 7 day bans are for drawing something inappropriate in build battle or pixel painters and 30 days for everything else. This ban system is similar to the competitive ban system but a little less harsh. If you get banned for ANY reason within 3 months of a MINOR ban you only get banned for 180 days, if you get banned within 4 - 5 months of a minor ban you get 90 days and this is also where people have somehow gotten 90 days for cheating or boosting, only happens if they were banned for something stupid beforehand. After 6 months it just resets again to 30 or 7 days (build battle offenses lol.)

Cheat Sheet:

7 OR 30 Day Minor Ban (First)

Banned within 3 months = 180 days
Banned within 4 - 5 months = 90 days (Once)
Banned after 6 months = 7 or 30 days (Once I think)

At this point hopefully you have a decent understanding and can kind of fit the pieces together, I'll quickly explain some other things, for minor bans no it does not matter if your next ban is competitive or not the time is still the same, if you get 2 30 day / 7 days itll always be 90 days after, if you get banned again after that its 180 and so on.

ALSO in case you are wondering yes it is possible to get banned for a year for a minor offense, you would have to get banned once for 7 or 30 days, followed by getting banned again within 5 months for 180 days or 90 days and getting banned again shortly after those bans. It's possible but very hard to (why would you want to get banned for something that stupid anyways..?)
IncognitoDoge best doge

VapeV4

OriVAPE

Social Credit
Vape user
Oct '21
my first ban (excluding a security ban issued to my account) was a 90d ban (on a clean account).

VapeV4

Reff

Social Credit
every time you give out settings or guide's they're just either shit or wrong... and you're talking about " MISINFORMATION "
(this is for competitive bans) e.g boosting, cheating.

Banned within >5 months after ban= 1 year

Banned after <6 months = 180 days
Banned after <9 months = 90 days

Banned after 1 year + 10 days of unban = RESETS TO 30D (RESETS 1 YEAR AFTER UNBAN NOT ONE TIME.)

if you get security banned and appeal, your next ban will be 90d.

competitive ban expires 30d after unban

3+ cheating bans = permanent competitive ban
competitive bans are not the same as server bans. when you're competitive banned it restricts modes you're allowed to play

for example. if you're comp banned you cannot participate in : hypixel tournaments, ranked skywars, the Pit.

Last edited:
VapeV4 VapeLite

IncognitoDoge

Social Credit
every time you give out settings or guide's they're just either shit or wrong... and you're talking about " MISINFORMATION "
(this is for competitive bans) e.g boosting, cheating.

Banned within >5 months after ban= 1 year

Banned after >6 months = 180 days
Banned after >9 months = 90 days

Banned after 1 year + 10 days of unban = RESETS TO 30D (RESETS 1 YEAR AFTER UNBAN NOT ONE TIME.)

if you get security banned and appeal, your next ban will be 90d.

competitive ban expires 30d after unban

3+ cheating bans = permanent competitive ban
competitive bans are not the same as server bans. when you're competitive banned it restricts modes you're allowed to play

for example. if you're comp banned you cannot participate in : hypixel tournaments, ranked skywars, the Pit.
nothing was wrong with any of my guides, this one may be questionable sure.

(also how is the hitbox bypass working LOL)

unless they changed it recently I have proof of all time frames, also most of what u wrote is what i described

ZappyMonster

Social Credit
Vape user
Apr '22
So my secondary account was security banned because my friend was using it and I was cheating and got banned. My friend got security banned and I got cheating banned. Now that I'm unbanned, how does my friend get his account un-security banned?

VapeV4 VapeLite

IncognitoDoge

Social Credit
So my secondary account was security banned because my friend was using it and I was cheating and got banned. My friend got security banned and I got cheating banned. Now that I'm unbanned, how does my friend get his account un-security banned?
Just appeal, all security bans are accepted.

VapeV4 VapeLite

IncognitoDoge

Social Credit
Does Hypixel IP ban? Like for example, if the unbanned account was to be played on an IP with an account that is currently banned, would the unbanned account be security banned or something?
If it’s under account level 21 yes it’ll get security / suspicious activity banned (you can just appeal that too or use a vpn lol)