Actual xray

GN03_pVp

Social Credit
So I do realize that there is search that can be used in hypixel uhcs to find ores that are in caves, but in games like factions, it would be very useful to have an actual xray. You can use search to find chests underground and then freecam to them, but thats very difficult because once you go inside a block in freecam its very hard to tell where the chests are. So I dont see why we cant just add a regular xray for things like factions.

James

Retired Customer Support
Social Credit
I'm just unsure as to why an "actual x-ray" would have any benefits over how Search currently functions. Search literally does everything a traditional x-ray hack does, except it draws wire frames over your desired target blocks instead of making everything else transparent.

GN03_pVp

Social Credit
I'm just unsure as to why an "actual x-ray" would have any benefits over how Search currently functions. Search literally does everything a traditional x-ray hack does, except it draws wire frames over your desired target blocks instead of making everything else transparent.
Well like I said the first reason is because sometimes in games like factions if you use search to find a base, you want to go look at it. But using freecam its really hard to actually find it because when you are going through blocks all you can see is the block you are currently inside, making it very hard to actually go to these things and look inside. Going with the more traditional method of xray it would be much easier to distinguish whats like a base and whats just like a dungeon, and it would make it easier to actually get to so you can look inside it. Also when you are cannoning into a base underground, it would be useful to know exactly how far away you are from the blocks like chests instead of it just showing an outline which is kind of hard to tell distance from.

GN03_pVp

Social Credit
I also have some issues with search where it doesnt correctly load the outlines until ive been in the chunk for a certain amount of time. imo it would just be helpful to have at least an option for a more traditional xray

James

Retired Customer Support
Social Credit
Well like I said the first reason is because sometimes in games like factions if you use search to find a base, you want to go look at it. But using freecam its really hard to actually find it because when you are going through blocks all you can see is the block you are currently inside, making it very hard to actually go to these things and look inside. Going with the more traditional method of xray it would be much easier to distinguish whats like a base and whats just like a dungeon, and it would make it easier to actually get to so you can look inside it. Also when you are cannoning into a base underground, it would be useful to know exactly how far away you are from the blocks like chests instead of it just showing an outline which is kind of hard to tell distance from.
So it sounds to me like the real fix here would be to make Freecam work better (which is already planned, and is on our to-do list). The decision on our part to not add a proper x-ray module was a choice, not just because we forgot about it. I can't go into any more detail there, but long story short, x-ray is not going to be added to Vape. We are working on making Freecam better, though.

GN03_pVp

Social Credit
So it sounds to me like the real fix here would be to make Freecam work better (which is already planned, and is on our to-do list). The decision on our part to not add a proper x-ray module was a choice, not just because we forgot about it. I can't go into any more detail there, but long story short, x-ray is not going to be added to Vape. We are working on making Freecam better, though.
Alright that sounds good, honestly I dont really care how the problem gets fixed, adding normal xray was just my personal idea. Do whatever works though, I look forward to it.