Hypixel's new anticheat oh god oh fuck

Dark_

Social Credit
They'll most likely steal CS:GO's Overwatch system and make it into a "Hypixel Overwatch" where players can get free experience, coins and other useless shit for doing Overwatch demos.
That would actually be sick, I would do that on my main even though I blatant cheat myself

Hypixel

Social Credit
The issue with this new system is that it still requires human oversight. Hypixel has such a massive scale that it is impractical for them to be able to use this system to catch every single hacker, and Blatant hackers already know and expect for their accounts to eventually get banned, so this really changes nothing. Ghost cheats will still be hard as hell to detect, blatant hacks will get you banned (eventually), and overall, status quo stays the same.
While this is somewhat correct, we plan to take this systems to newer and better levels. With the initial release we plan on attacking those who maybe more blatant when they know there’s no staff in the game, so they think they can get away with much more. But in the future we plan on making it easier for staff to see things like reach (by having a built in reach display) speed (by having it show how fast the player is traveling) and by showing how often they’re clicking to “far” away from a player, either by hitboxes or reach, as once or twice is acceptable, but once it’s getting to every other hit is let’s say .1 blocks away from what you’re suppose to be hitting, then that’s where the issue lies. And as for the blatant ones who expect to get bans, we are strongly considering blocking the ability to use a VPN in certain game modes (RankedSW, UHC, etc), like Mineplex does, to allow us to more accurately track players ban history per IP and then start restricting them based on that. We understand this is a big if, and a long WIP, but we at Hypixel are committed to stopping cheaters before the release of Hytale.

Mathosu

Social Credit
While this is somewhat correct, we plan to take this systems to newer and better levels. With the initial release we plan on attacking those who maybe more blatant when they know there’s no staff in the game, so they think they can get away with much more. But in the future we plan on making it easier for staff to see things like reach (by having a built in reach display) speed (by having it show how fast the player is traveling) and by showing how often they’re clicking to “far” away from a player, either by hitboxes or reach, as once or twice is acceptable, but once it’s getting to every other hit is let’s say .1 blocks away from what you’re suppose to be hitting, then that’s where the issue lies. And as for the blatant ones who expect to get bans, we are strongly considering blocking the ability to use a VPN in certain game modes (RankedSW, UHC, etc), like Mineplex does, to allow us to more accurately track players ban history per IP and then start restricting them based on that. We understand this is a big if, and a long WIP, but we at Hypixel are committed to stopping cheaters before the release of Hytale.
Why'd you prepare us for the banwave and your detection methods?

Pipelitox

Social Credit
Are my settings safe for this watchdog update?

reach 3.5-3.7
velocity h90 v100 c90
ac 10-14 / right click mode on 10-14
aimassist maxed / 160 max angle / 4 reach
hitboxes 0.1
antibot off

James

Retired Customer Support
Social Credit
They'll most likely steal CS:GO's Overwatch system and make it into a "Hypixel Overwatch" where players can get free experience, coins and other useless shit for doing Overwatch demos.
I really doubt that. A lot of games have had the opportunity to implement an "overwatch" based system, and they fail to do so even at the pressure of passionate members of their community (i.e. look at Mendokusaii and Apex, or Samito and Overwatch, etc). Reason being is that trusting players (who are by default untrustable, esp. in Hypixel's case as their average player is like 9 years old) with the power to ban accounts is a very hefty decision that can cause legit players to get banned, which is something no AntiCheat developer nor server manager wants.

MastaNub

Social Credit
I really doubt that. A lot of games have had the opportunity to implement an "overwatch" based system, and they fail to do so even at the pressure of passionate members of their community (i.e. look at Mendokusaii and Apex, or Samito and Overwatch, etc). Reason being is that trusting players (who are by default untrustable, esp. in Hypixel's case as their average player is like 9 years old) with the power to ban accounts is a very hefty decision that can cause legit players to get banned, which is something no AntiCheat developer nor server manager wants.
Fair point. Now that I think about it more it's a shit idea. A lot of kids that play Hypixel are like 7 and watch Skeppy. They can't tell cheats.

Dark_

Social Credit
Well I would assume they would limit this to ranked players, or people over a certain network level if they were to do this. And I would also assume that it would take like 20 or so yes votes to actually ban someone. But I dont think this would be very efficient other then for banning people closet cheating that occasionally toggle like bhop or killaura.

Saprix

Social Credit
Fair point. Now that I think about it more it's a shit idea. A lot of kids that play Hypixel are like 7 and watch Skeppy. They can't tell cheats.
Skeppy make me feel angry.
He is alwals fucking screaming and speaking loudly