Vape and the Future of Updates

VapeV4

Leafeon

Social Credit
It's a known, failed cycle of almost any program ever created. A program will continue to receive updates and more features until it becomes a point where it seems like too much, in which the creator will begin developing a lighter version or rewrite. Then the lighter version/rewrite gets updated and improved until it becomes just like the last, which may provoke another rewrite or lighter version. So the cycle repeats.

Vape seems to be no exception. With the popularity of V2, V3 was created to work as an overhaul/rewrite with less features, designed specifically for closet cheating. But as we continue in the year, it appears that more and more blatant modules are being added. While I am not against these new modules - personally, I enjoy any and all updates provided by the developers -, it does appear to be steering off-course from the original intent of rewriting V2 into V3.
Again, I have no qualms about this. The only problem is that as the developer continues adding more and more blatant modules, we appear to be entering into the same area as to why V2 was discontinued - a point where the developer starts considering where it might be better to create a rewrite, a V4.

Of course, that isn't a bad thing. I've neglected to mention one thing about these rewrites, an important detail. As we continue on in the year - regardless of all of the updates, regardless of how many rewrites there are, the developer is learning. Throughout all of this, experience itself is the one thing that is not being rewritten, to say.
V3 is arguably better than V2 in terms of modules and detectable. Further updates and improvements on previous modules - due to the developer's new experience - leads V3 to be V2's superior in terms of module quality. That's not to say that V2 doesn't have more modules, and one could argue that due to the developer's experience, they have actually purposely made V3 with some removed, but used, features of V2, such as Combo Reach - which is confusing, considering they added it to Vape Lite.

V2 still has more modules. But V3 has higher quality modules due to the developer's experience. As we continue, more and more modules are being added to V3. I believe that we may hit a point where V3 will have even more modules than V2.. which brings me back to my previous point, when does the developer decide that it's "too much", and needs a rewrite?

My question isn't one to insult, but instead invoke conversation. If V3 was to receive a rewrite in a years' time - a V4 - that would undoubtedly be higher quality than V3 due to the developer having more experience with writing modules - what bypasses, what's useful to keep, what's needed to avoid detectable, and so on.

With that in mind, I believe that further feature additions to Vape V3 may make it feel more cluttered and unmaintainable. What makes V3 separate than V2 isn't the amount of blatant modules added, but the quality of those modules. Instead of adding more and more into V3 to the point where it in itself requires a rewrite, I believe the developer should work towards improving the current modules that we currently have in order to improve V3 without making it feel further cluttered by detectable, unmanaged features that feel like they were just thrown in to make users happy. With the addition to blatant modules, we've yet to see a single setting for Sprint or an update to many other features left abandoned in V3. We should be improving what we currently have instead of leaving unmaintained modules lying to collect dust, that way whenever the developer creates a V4 he will have further experience as to what was right instead of feeling like he needs to create V4 just because V3 got to cluttered. Which is exactly what happened with V2.

Which leads us to the discussion. With all of the current blatant modules being added, with how close we are go making V3 more and more cluttered, with all of these modules that can each individually be improved...

Should Vape work towards improving current modules, or adding more?

Last edited:
VapeV4

Leafeon

Social Credit
TL;DR: Vape is becoming more blatant and adding more modules just to make users shut up, I believe we should work on improving current modules instead of making V3 as cluttered as V2, which invokes a V4 rewrite, where that will just cluttered just like V2 and V3, starting all over and repeat the cycle.

Oh, this is my 100th post. Woo!

Last edited:

Arithmo

Keyboard Smasher
Social Credit
TL;DR: Vape is becoming more blatant and adding more modules just to make users shut up, I believe we should work on improving current modules instead of making V3 as cluttered as V2, which invokes a V4 rewrite, where that will just cluttered just like V2 and V3, starting all over and repeat the cycle.

Oh, this is my 100th post. Woo!
https://streamable.com/el5wo
KfdIRf4.png

You can simplify your profile with V3 to only have what you need/want. Removing cluttering.

Manthe

Admin
Social Credit
Vape user
Dec '15
Vape is not becoming more blatant, just more versatile. Vape V3 has the ability to be the best blatant client if you want it to be, as well as a client that's screenshare proof enough, for the most part, all while being undetectable(this term means server side) if you want it to be. If you ever feel the client is "cluttered" by modules you can easily remove the ones you don't want - you can even remove all but autoclicker if you really wanted to. However most of the core features exist now, so we aim to add more customization and quality where necessary, such as the recent addition of item whitelists/blacklists, and so on, all while keeping it as simple and fluid as possible.

In short V3 is whatever you want it to be. If you want something with only the most important features, and if you play on a server that screenshares then Vape Lite is exactly what you need. HCF has been dying rapidly the past few months, and as a result screensharing is far less commonplace than it once was, however Lite will remain my personal primary focus and will continue to deliver on its expectations as it always has.

James

Retired Customer Support
Social Credit
Hey Manthe, it’s great that you added a lifetime option for Vape Lite. But I think that’s kind of bad in a way, anyone can just purchase it and find detection methods for it later down in the line. I think you should have a limited amount of people having Vape Lite Lifetime. Essentially I’m just trying to tell you to make Vape Lite Lifetime a slot based option. Yes, this is inspired from Exhibition whereas they have limited slots available for the consumers.
No, lol. People who want to try to find ways to find Vape Lite can buy the monthly version or the lifetime version, it makes no difference in their approach. It doesn't make sense, financially speaking, for us to limit the amount of users that can purchase a lifetime subscription. We've never been a private client, and we're not going to arbitrarily restrict parts of our client to give an allure to an "exclusive" item. That's not our business model.