Nameprotect

Manthe

Admin
Social Credit
Vape user
Dec '15
It’s not really possible right now to protect your own name in chat.

The “force alias” never really worked as their name still shows on sidebar and chat.
It does protect other players names in chat, this wasn’t initially a feature though.

veincheese

Social Credit
It’s not really possible right now to protect your own name in chat.

It does protect other players names in chat, this wasn’t initially a feature though.
I mean, Sk1er has made a private forge mod that does exactly this. It's used by pretty much every youtuber out there.

It does replace their own name (and any other player that they add) in chat, tab and nametag to whatever they choose. Most youtubers just nick and replace/protect the nicks by replacing their nick with their unnicked names, making it impossible to tell what their nicks are from the video.

So it is possible.

Manthe

Admin
Social Credit
Vape user
Dec '15
I mean, Sk1er has made a private forge mod that does exactly this. It's used by pretty much every youtuber out there.

It does replace their own name (and any other player that they add) in chat, tab and nametag to whatever they choose. Most youtubers just nick and replace/protect the nicks by replacing their nick with their unnicked names, making it impossible to tell what their nicks are from the video.

So it is possible.
Anything is possible, but theres downsides to making it work. With that being considered it's not worth the downsides or even the effort to bother with this for the 0.5% of users that might have a legitimate use or need for this.

RandomUSerx

Social Credit
Anything is possible, but theres downsides to making it work. With that being considered it's not worth the downsides or even the effort to bother with this for the 0.5% of users that might have a legitimate use or need for this.
Maybe or add a streamer mode like exhibition

buyspook

Social Credit
I find it useful if you want to namespoof your friend into Verzide and makes rape series video out of it. And also showing how much pots he have in the chat without the chat exposing his real ign.

Manthe

Admin
Social Credit
Vape user
Dec '15
I find it useful if you want to namespoof your friend into Verzide and makes rape series video out of it. And also showing how much pots he have in the chat without the chat exposing his real ign.
Then put it on your friend, thats the entire point of force alias.