Legit scaffolding options

shoob

Social Credit
1. There could be a slider to set how soon you crouch on the side a block for more legitimate use

2. There could be a option to disable scaffolding when holding w so you dont get stuck on sides of blocks when running and holding a or d

James

Retired Customer Support
Social Credit
1. There could be a slider to set how soon you crouch on the side a block for more legitimate use
Can you elaborate on this a little bit more? Does it look obvious when you are using legit scaffold if people look closely enough or something? The way I interpreted what you said is that our "crouch" timer is like a hardcoded number where if you're (x) distance away from the end of the block you're on it'll make you crouch. If that's what you mean, I can see how it could be kind of obvious if you look closely enough.

2. There could be a option to disable scaffolding when holding w so you dont get stuck on sides of blocks when running and holding a or d
Can you post a video of this happening please, I don't really understand how you worded that and I feel like trying to explain it with words would either be very verbose or just not understandable

veincheese

Social Credit
Can you elaborate on this a little bit more? Does it look obvious when you are using legit scaffold if people look closely enough or something? The way I interpreted what you said is that our "crouch" timer is like a hardcoded number where if you're (x) distance away from the end of the block you're on it'll make you crouch. If that's what you mean, I can see how it could be kind of obvious if you look closely enough.

Yes, it does look very obvious since it triggers crouch at the exact same distance from the edge every time. This is very different to how legit speedbridgers look. I think this could be solved by another random interval slider, making it trigger on a slightly different distance from the block edge every time.

shoob

Social Credit

Can you post a video of this happening please, I don't really understand how you worded that and I feel like trying to explain it with words would either be very verbose or just not understandable

sorry about that
i feel like legit scaffold looks very blatant just because how fast it is normally speed bridging your crouched for slightly longer and its not just instant

and for 2
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Yo0-aSXLwcHRBUKvBr8lgy9fckPpmC0v/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dBQ9BnkiurevOnqYEfNTtsr5KoynHDRD/view?usp=sharing
if you have it on when your not scaffolding like in bed wars or something and your running on normal terrain and try to run forward with w and hold a or d to move sideways as well you just get caught on the sides of blocks im saying maybe disable it from happening if your holding w maybe

James

Retired Customer Support
Social Credit
sorry about that
i feel like legit scaffold looks very blatant just because how fast it is normally speed bridging your crouched for slightly longer and its not just instant

and for 2
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Yo0-aSXLwcHRBUKvBr8lgy9fckPpmC0v/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dBQ9BnkiurevOnqYEfNTtsr5KoynHDRD/view?usp=sharing
if you have it on when your not scaffolding like in bed wars or something and your running on normal terrain and try to run forward with w and hold a or d to move sideways as well you just get caught on the sides of blocks im saying maybe disable it from happening if your holding w maybe
Interesting. I've added a random integer value slider for the Legit Scaffold delay to the wish-list. I'm also not quite sure if your second point is a bug or if it's an intended feature working properly, just when it shouldn't, so I've sent those GIFs to @Manthe and asked him to take a look.

shoob

Social Credit
Interesting. I've added a random integer value slider for the Legit Scaffold delay to the wish-list. I'm also not quite sure if your second point is a bug or if it's an intended feature working properly, just when it shouldn't, so I've sent those GIFs to @Manthe and asked him to take a look.
it seems to be a intended feature working when it shouldnt i think the best solution is disabling scaffolding when w is held or maybe even a option to disable it when your not holding a block or something