Vape Forums

J
Jamesb1983
So I had planned on stopping vaping anyway since they FINALLY did some ACTUAL scientific research and of course found out that you can still get cancers and other health problems from vaping.
Of course the research showed it's on average only about 20% to 40% as bad as cigarettes, which is good, and yea, everything "causes cancer" now a days, even water it seems like lol.
J
Jamesb1983
Since I'm at work I was a little panicked to find a safe place which I could allow it to detonate.

I'd already turned the battery off or so I'd thought, but anyway:
There are a few of those thick yellow concrete barriers that weigh like a ton, they use them at our military bases for great cover from bullets and comb explosions.
J
Jamesb1983
I rolled it under one of those and it's been about 20 minutes, I haven't heard any kind of "boom" but I believe it'd be pretty stupid for me to try and retrieve it to attempt to continue to use it for the weeks worth of vape fluid I have left.

Whether it explodes or not, I'll use a small steel rod I have in my truck to retrieve and dispose of it in a metal dumpster or take it home to dispose of it properly.
J
Jamesb1983
You may ask why I've signed up for a forum to share this?
I dunno, thought it was pretty crazy and I still got about a day ban left on my Facebook so..

Also, I'm sharing this in the event that something similar happens to someone who doesn't know about how batteries react to damage and or what extreme heat from a battery may mean.
J
Jamesb1983
If this happens with any type of battery with any device or product of any kind, vaping or not, don't take a chance, battery explosions can be violent and extremely dangerous and they will hurt like a SOB.
Just dispose of it in, under, or contained within something which a potential explosion is unlikely to damage or start a fire.
J
Jamesb1983
If possible to do safely, as I'm going to do in about 6 hours, retrieve the battery wearing thick gloves of some type, preferably I would think, thick leather or rubber gloves, and dispose of the battery in a proper recepticle.