VPN's for minecraft

Dash

Social Credit
So, I host a VPN off a digital ocean server using OpenVPN. But when I launch Minecraft it cannot refresh the login page and I can't log in to an account. Minecraft states that most free VPN's are blocked but I was wondering if there is a way around this because I really don't wanna pay for a VPN when I can just host my own. I also noticed if I keep the Minecraft launcher open then connect my VPN it keeps me logged in, but does that actually change my IP in Minecraft? Or is it just using the IP I used to login before I connected the VPN? If I really have no choice what a good VPN to buy?

Thanks.

James

Retired Customer Support
Social Credit
vanilla MC
That would be your issue my friend. Vape is only compatible with Minecraft Forge -- not Minecraft Vanilla. Install a functional Forge version ontop of your current installation and it should work.

Dash

Social Credit
That would be your issue my friend. Vape is only compatible with Minecraft Forge -- not Minecraft Vanilla. Install a functional Forge version ontop of your current installation and it should work.

I can't even open the launcher... yes, I do know this is my issue that's why I'm asking. I know perfectly well how to use Vape, I just wanna figure out how to use my VPN on Minecraft itself. I do plan on using it WITH vape but I can't use it with vape if I can't even use it on vanilla. I already have forge installed and have injected vape multiple times. If I activate my VPN I cannot even log into the launcher itself so that makes starting forge impossible for me atm. If you are talking about something else that I'm just not getting sorry.

VapeV4 VapeLite

WonderIf

Social Credit
Vape user
Mar '18
I can't even open the launcher... yes, I do know this is my issue that's why I'm asking. I know perfectly well how to use Vape, I just wanna figure out how to use my VPN on Minecraft itself. I do plan on using it WITH vape but I can't use it with vape if I can't even use it on vanilla. I already have forge installed and have injected vape multiple times. If I activate my VPN I cannot even log into the launcher itself so that makes starting forge impossible for me atm. If you are talking about something else that I'm just not getting sorry.
Have you tried to launch minecraft normally then use the vpn and relog through an alt manager mod?

Dash

Social Credit
Have you tried to launch minecraft normally then use the vpn and relog through an alt manager mod?
Sorry for the late reply I've been very busy. I have not tried this. Will this actually work or will my IP still be the same? I have no clue how Minecraft or how servers log IP addresses, Do they use the IP the game was launched on, or do they use the IP that's currently playing? Not much knowledge of how that works. I will give it a try though and see if it works, thanks.