Keepsprint suggestion

luxurious

Social Credit
Vape edition (Vape v4, Vape Lite, etc): Vape V4

Suggestion Description: Keep the keepsprint module in Vape V4. It can still be used by closet cheaters, and if it was slightly tweaked it could be a lot more useful. For example. if you add a retained speed slider it would be useful. On MMC for example, keepsprint is detected at full speed (100%) but with some testing I did with Slinky, I used 84-88% retained speed (60% is the default) for multiple hours, and only got banned after turning it to 100% for one match. Also, if you were to add some conditionals such as, disable on jump and an item whitelist it would be able to look more legit.

Video Reference (Not required):

VapeV4

ThatDonutGuy

Social Credit
Vape user
Nov '23

Suggestion Description: Keep the keepsprint module in Vape V4. It can still be used by closet cheaters, and if it was slightly tweaked it could be a lot more useful. For example. if you add a retained speed slider it would be useful. On MMC for example, keepsprint is detected at full speed (100%) but with some testing I did with Slinky, I used 84-88% retained speed (60% is the default) for multiple hours, and only got banned after turning it to 100% for one match. Also, if you were to add some conditionals such as, disable on jump and an item whitelist it would be able to look more legit.

Alr requested, still needed

Reactions: kms
VapeV4 VapeLite

pogama

Social Credit
Vape user
May '22

Yeah, the retained speed slider would be really nice because you could look like you're just clicking less (more CPS=more slowdown)

• Yes
Reactions: kms

pickledick

Social Credit
you can detect any amount of reduced speed. it’s the same as speed(blatant) detections. It might not autoban now but servers can easily just tune it slightly lower to ban just like speed detections

Also just use active hitselect it gives the same effect as keepsprint but isn’t detectable

VapeV4 VapeLite

kms

Social Credit
Vape user
Jul '21
Yeah, the retained speed slider would be really nice because you could look like you're just clicking less (more CPS=more slowdown)

i would love this not because it "bypasses more" but because it makes u look a lot more legit to other players

Manthe

Admin
Social Credit
Vape user
Dec '15
I don't know why I haven't thought of this. I mean it does get instantly detected on the most popular practice server, regardless of settings. But it's not an autoban yet... so it wouldn't hurt to breathe some life into an incredibly easy to detect module right?

Glorious400

Social Credit
Vape user
Jan '19
I don't know why I haven't thought of this. I mean it does get instantly detected on the most popular practice server, regardless of settings. But it's not an autoban yet... so it wouldn't hurt to breathe some life into an incredibly easy to detect module right?
you should definitely do the same with fakelag, specifcally dynamic version being able to only be enabled in combo and disable on dmg, allows for u to get comboed a whole lot less, definitely something to consider to bring to an already really good module :p

luxurious

Social Credit
you should definitely do the same with fakelag, specifcally dynamic version being able to only be enabled in combo and disable on dmg, allows for u to get comboed a whole lot less, definitely something to consider to bring to an already really good module :p
he's being sarcastic

jimmymouse

Social Credit
Vape user
May '23
I’ve heard either 60% or 100% are the only bypassing values on all popular servers is that why?

Manthe

Admin
Social Credit
Vape user
Dec '15
I’ve heard either 60% or 100% are the only bypassing values on all popular servers is that why?
When you attack it reduces your speed to 60% of what it was. Keepsprint just keeps it at 100% of what it was.

You could keep it to 61%, which is only 1% faster(or whatever). But you can still detect that. Saying that by only reducing it by a slight amount is harder to detect, it's not really. That's like saying you could make a bypassing fly just by flying really slow. Keepsprint gets detected as speed, that's what it is.

It might be said that some servers don't detect that, great, there's plenty of servers that don't detect flying either. But the entire point of Vape is to give you advantages on servers that have highly sensitive anticheats.

luxurious

Social Credit
When you attack it reduces your speed to 60% of what it was. Keepsprint just keeps it at 100% of what it was.

You could keep it to 61%, which is only 1% faster(or whatever). But you can still detect that. Saying that by only reducing it by a slight amount is harder to detect, it's not really. That's like saying you could make a bypassing fly just by flying really slow. Keepsprint gets detected as speed, that's what it is.

It might be said that some servers don't detect that, great, there's plenty of servers that don't detect flying either. But the entire point of Vape is to give you advantages on servers that have highly sensitive anticheats.
Then why does vertical velocity still exist?

Manthe

Admin
Social Credit
Vape user
Dec '15
Then why does vertical velocity still exist?
That’s a pre existing feature, not something we’d be adding. Big difference there since “new” generally implies safe etc.

Besides that we do remove things as needed. Most unsafe things don’t need to be removed though.

For example you had a completely detected blatant scaffold, fly modes, and more for 5+ years, but we only had to recently remove them because we had an influx of misguided blatant users asking for updates to them, as if they were something maintained. In order to clear that up they were removed. Similarly here we have users under the impression that something like keepsprint(and other blatant modules) could be modified to be safe(it can’t). There’s not a similar level of confusion with that on vertical velocity that I see. Same could be said for many things.