AITA for missing my daughter's birth to make a drug deal?

e621

Social Credit
Vape user
Apr '21
I was diagnosed with lung cancer a few months ago and started cooking meth in order to pay for my treatment and provide for my family. An opportunity arose for me to sell my product to a major distributor. On my way to the drug deal, my pregnant wife informed me that she was in labor. Instead of going to the hospital, I dropped of the meth and missed the birth of my daughter. The deal earned me millions of dollars that will go directly to my family's future. I am feeling very conflicted about my decision.

Am I the asshole?

4BigDudes

Social Credit
Vape user
Oct '21
I was diagnosed with lung cancer a few months ago and started cooking meth in order to pay for my treatment and provide for my family. An opportunity arose for me to sell my product to a major distributor. On my way to the drug deal, my pregnant wife informed me that she was in labor. Instead of going to the hospital, I dropped of the meth and missed the birth of my daughter. The deal earned me millions of dollars that will go directly to my family's future. I am feeling very conflicted about my decision.

Am I the asshole?
No it was for your family , but you should go to the hospital.

secarious39

Social Credit
Hey, man, that sounds like a tough spot you're in. Dealing with lung cancer and trying to provide for your family is no joke. It must've been a whirlwind of emotions when your wife went into labor right as you were about to seal a major deal. Missing your daughter's birth is undoubtedly hard to swallow, but your intentions were to secure a future for your family amidst a difficult situation. It's a tough call, and while some might judge, ultimately, you were trying to do what you thought was best. Hang in there, buddy. Life's full of tough choices, but you're doing your best for your loved ones. But did you know you can buy medical cannabis online? Just a thought. Take care.

Last edited:
VapeV4

ThatDonutGuy

Social Credit
Vape user
Nov '23
Hey, man, that sounds like a tough spot you're in. Dealing with lung cancer and trying to provide for your family is no joke. It must've been a whirlwind of emotions when your wife went into labor right as you were about to seal a major deal.
... this is almost 2 years old you didn't need to reply

VapeV4 VapeLite

Projazz

Social Credit
Vape user
Jul '23
what the fu
1. wrong category
2. shouldnt be discussing about this here
3. idk