Add “through teammates” in target options for SilentAura

hipixel

Social Credit
Vape edition (Vape v4, Vape Lite, etc): Vape v4

Suggestion Description: When a teammate comes in front of your POV while you are using SilentAura, the SilentAura will break and stop swinging.

SilentAura should have an option where even if a teammate is in front of you, the SilentAura will keep swinging at the target. Even if you are not hitting the actual target at the moment, and instead hitting your teammate, you have a better chance of landing hits on your target when you do get the chance. Replays will also show that this is more legit since it is visually awkward when you randomly swing and stop swinging every few seconds, which is how it currently is right now.

In AimAssist, even if a teammate is in front of you, AimAssist does not stop targeting on the enemy. I think SilentAura could also be like this, since SilentAura uses some elements of AimAssist

Video Reference (Not required):

VapeV4

pogama

Social Credit
Vape user
May '22
Vape edition (Vape v4, Vape Lite, etc): Vape v4

Suggestion Description: When a teammate comes in front of your POV while you are using SilentAura, the SilentAura will break and stop swinging.

SilentAura should have an option where even if a teammate is in front of you, the SilentAura will keep swinging at the target. Even if you are not hitting the actual target at the moment, and instead hitting your teammate, you have a better chance of landing hits on your target when you do get the chance. Replays will also show that this is more legit since it is visually awkward when you randomly swing and stop swinging every few seconds, which is how it currently is right now.

In AimAssist, even if a teammate is in front of you, AimAssist does not stop targeting on the enemy. I think SilentAura could also be like this, since SilentAura uses some elements of AimAssist

Video Reference (Not required):
I'm pretty sure that can be detected but most anticheats don't work on detecting that.
Anyways, could you not just use teams by color/server?
If you are and it still happens, this is a bug and you should report it in the bug report thread.

VapeV4 VapeLite

Merryzz

Social Credit
Vape user
May '20
same thing

hipixel

Social Credit
same thing
Im trying to suggest a nontraditional raytracing. I understand where that idea is going for but I think this is different. You won’t hit through teammates. But you can still swing your sword because a target is in your range. This is not using any exploits and it’s more of a QOL change for the module.

Last edited:

hipixel

Social Credit
I'm pretty sure that can be detected but most anticheats don't work on detecting that.
Anyways, could you not just use teams by color/server?
If you are and it still happens, this is a bug and you should report it in the bug report thread.
I use teams by color/server for team games. If that was off, silentaura would target everyone, including my teammates.

How would it be detected? It’s not the traditional raytrace you find in a typical killaura

Manthe

Admin
Social Credit
Vape user
Dec '15
I use teams by color/server for team games. If that was off, silentaura would target everyone, including my teammates.

How would it be detected? It’s not the traditional raytrace you find in a typical killaura

If you mean that it could click despite there being an "invalid" target in the way(incidentally causing that invalid target to be attacked) that is fine and could be done. It's only an issue if it attacks through that invalid target, which I think is what everyone was assuming you were suggesting.

seby

Social Credit
If you mean that it could click despite there being an "invalid" target in the way(incidentally causing that invalid target to be attacked) that is fine and could be done. It's only an issue if it attacks through that invalid target, which I think is what everyone was assuming you were suggesting.
+1

hipixel

Social Credit
Ye, that was the suggestion I was trying to go for. Sorry for not being clear in my thread.