24/70 on VirusTotal

Gorsh

Social Credit
Hi,
As stated above, my copy of Vape Lite got a score of 24/70 on VirusTotal (https://gyazo.com/257a9cc29013509ba97bea4259507230). I read a thread asking if Vape was a virus on another post, and I think an Administrator said it's only supposed to hit like 3/67 and that it's normal for it to do that.

Obviously I know Vape isn't a virus if it's downloaded straight from the official website but I've been having some PC issues, recently sent it to a repair shop and my PC was infected. My stuff was cleared like all my RAM and stuff and everything was alright again, but now it's back to how it was (constant freezes, can't really use that many applications at once). I can't think of anything else I've downloaded that could've caused this besides Vape.

I just want to know if this is normal or not and if it is I think I'm just going to VirusTotal all my other files, since I don't have that many now.
Otherwise it might just be because my PC is ass since I've had it for a while.

Any help would be great, thanks :)

VapeV4 VapeLite

rofl

Social Credit
Vape Lite (unsigned) is detected as a virus but it's not. U can use the signed version but it's detected by all decent sstool.

Gorsh

Social Credit
Vape Lite (unsigned) is detected as a virus but it's not. U can use the signed version but it's detected by all decent sstool.
Yeah I know it's detected as a virus, I just don't know if a score of 24/70 is normal. From a message by an admin earlier, it's only supposed to hit 3/67 but I don't know which version of Vape that's supposed to be

Manthe

Admin
Social Credit
Vape user
Dec '15
Because of how the exe works, it looks like a typical virus to a lot of anti viruses. This is mostly because the exe is packed, but also because of other things it does such as injecting into Minecraft. The signed version should for the most part not come up on anything, but any exe might have maybe up to 5 or so false positives until it starts actually looking sketchy.

Gorsh

Social Credit
Thank you :)

I think it is probably just my PC then since no other of my files seem malicious.