VPN doesn't bypass servers

Mathve

Social Credit
So i watched a video of a kid cheating on faithful with a client that is free but that's not the point . What i am trying to say is that the video was maverick's one and he's staff there but at some point that kid show up his vpn , the thing now is that i downloaded the exact same vpn , i connected to the same exact vpn server and it still kicking me when im trying to join faithful , can it be my computer blocking the vpn settings ? I was thinking about firewall but i don't know

Mathosu

Social Credit
So i watched a video of a kid cheating on faithful with a client that is free but that's not the point . What i am trying to say is that the video was maverick's one and he's staff there but at some point that kid show up his vpn , the thing now is that i downloaded the exact same vpn , i connected to the same exact vpn server and it still kicking me when im trying to join faithful , can it be my computer blocking the vpn settings ? I was thinking about firewall but i don't know
I mean, if your're using a VPN, chances are it is not a dedicated IP address and thus it will quickly be blacklisted/result in a IP ban.

TerribleCheater

Social Credit
Vape user
Nov '19
Try using a VPN that allows "Dedicated IPs". NordVPN has this feature, so try using that.
Also, if your VPN doesn't work, first try disabling your firewall/antivirus. That's the most common cases of VPNs not working

James

Retired Customer Support
Social Credit
What the users above have said is accurate to an extent, however you should also be on the lookout for residential VPNs, or residential IPs. Most VPN blocking solutions rely on identifying an IP as part of a known IP block belonging to large data centers ran by VPN companies. Residential IPs are VPNs or proxies that route your connection through real residential internet connections in their respective countries. It is effectively similar to having a friend set up a VPN tunnel on their home network that you connect through and use to connect to servers, basically acting as an inbetween for the server and your connection. Since the connection to the server is made through that home/residential IP, it's much less likely to be detected as a VPN.