Notifications on Friend Join

Femboys

Social Credit
Version: Vape V4

Notify the user when a friend joins and maybe when a staff member joins aswell.

Also add system notifications when a staff member or friend joins so that if the user is tabbed out they will receive the notification.

ViolentCobra

Social Credit
The friend joining notification and staff joining notification by themselves isn't a good idea, vape can't just auto detect if a player is staff without checking their "rank" which I guess could work depending on if staff ranks show in tab. But a staff member without a tag in chat / tab could just bypass that. The friend joining could possibly be useful but lets say I wanted to not be friended to a user I wanted the module to notify me of, then what.

I would just combine your two ideas and make it so vape has a notification module for people joining, but it only notifies you if a player with the name you specify joins. That way the vape user can manually put staff names in so they are notified and also so they dont have to friend a staff member for them to show up.

One thing that could bypass this "staff joining" notification is that the staff member is in vanish mode when they join. A solution to this however is Vape V4 adds an anti-vanish feature similar to impact where it notifies you when a entity or player goes into vanish mode (while anti-vanish won't work 100% of the time it does a good job on servers that haven't found a solution to anti-vanish).

Banned
Social Credit
You've been known to say some ludicrous shit, so I won't just take your word for it.
So have you.
Not possible, when a staff member joins a server it doesn't send any packet to the client.
True, it doesn't send any packet, but I do believe it is possible to detect usernames/uuids, so if manthe were to add this thing as a list, so we could write UUIDs/Usernames of the person we want to be notified of, it could work, at least my guess. So yeah, automatic staff member detection isn't possible, unless you can "add" them yourself to the list by their UUID.

Andrew25

Banned
Social Credit
Vape user
Oct '18
So have you.

True, it doesn't send any packet, but I do believe it is possible to detect usernames/uuids, so if manthe were to add this thing as a list, so we could write UUIDs/Usernames of the person we want to be notified of, it could work, at least my guess. So yeah, automatic staff member detection isn't possible, unless you can "add" them yourself to the list by their UUID.
With chaos comes comfort.

VapeV4 VapeLite

rofl

Social Credit
Several clients have it, it is possible.
It's not possible, it doesn't any packet to the client to know if a staff member joins the server. And none of them have a working antivanish. It's like the forceop, some of them have it, but it doesn't even work.