Community Discord/Telegram Group

donnie

Social Credit
I think having a more direct group via an IM platform would bring the community closer together and help grow it even bigger then it already is.

GamerOfGamers

Social Credit
Honestly if it's alright with the admins here at Vape then I guess it'd be fine, but I'm pretty sure if discord catches you then your discord account gets banned/suspended.
just make it look like its not a cheating server
u can have it as 'Vape' where people "talk about vapes" and stuff like that idk

Manthe

Admin
Social Credit
Vape user
Dec '15
If a discord server frequently has discussion of cheating and the server admins don’t delete those messages they’ll ban the server. And if we have to delete all relevant content then there would be no point in the server to begin with.

winstonwlau

Social Credit
If a discord server frequently has discussion of cheating and the server admins don’t delete those messages they’ll ban the server. And if we have to delete all relevant content then there would be no point in the server to begin with.

How about a telegram server?

donnie

Social Credit
I have a lot of experience with "illegal" discord servers and actually know a lot of work arounds for it. I think It would work I could help out if needed

GamerOfGamers

Social Credit
I have a lot of experience with "illegal" discord servers and actually know a lot of work arounds for it. I think It would work I could help out if needed
get this man a medal and a spot on the discord moderation side idk

Manthe

Admin
Social Credit
Vape user
Dec '15
There may be workarounds from being banned for a while, but the fact is it would be a cheating server which is specifically disallowed by discord. So regardless the server will eventually get banned and there is no point in bothering with something that will only be temporary. All it takes is someone providing enough evidence in a report to make discord determine that the server is a cheating server. If we have to hide everything so that there is no evidence that it’s a cheating server it would in turn make the server redundant. If you look at servers that get away with this, it’s just empty channels (from getting purged often), and I don’t see any point or benefit in having something like that.

donnie

Social Credit
There may be workarounds from being banned for a while, but the fact is it would be a cheating server which is specifically disallowed by discord. So regardless the server will eventually get banned and there is no point in bothering with something that will only be temporary. All it takes is someone providing enough evidence in a report to make discord determine that the server is a cheating server. If we have to hide everything so that there is no evidence that it’s a cheating server it would in turn make the server redundant. If you look at servers that get away with this, it’s just empty channels (from getting purged often), and I don’t see any point or benefit in having something like that.

Understandable, but there are tons of other great platforms that don’t ban like telegram how about that?

xSxdistic

Social Credit
The server can be disguised as something else, maybe like a utility mod (as suggested by @MastaNub)
but to prevent the discord server from being deleted, you could add a discord bot which asks you for a code or something idk and only vape customers will get access to all the relevant channels

maybe make something like this:
on the my account page, there is an option to set your discord username and tag
once you set it, you will receive invite link to the vape official discord
there will be a discord bot in the server which checks if your discord exists in the database
if yes, then you automatically get the relevant roles and if not, then you just away confirmation

@Manthe

donnie

Social Credit
The server can be disguised as something else, maybe like a utility mod (as suggested by @MastaNub)
but to prevent the discord server from being deleted, you could add a discord bot which asks you for a code or something idk and only vape customers will get access to all the relevant channels

maybe make something like this:
on the my account page, there is an option to set your discord username and tag
once you set it, you will receive invite link to the vape official discord
there will be a discord bot in the server which checks if your discord exists in the database
if yes, then you automatically get the relevant roles and if not, then you just away confirmation

@Manthe

Yes there are tons of other works arounds to protect it even more, manthe I think we should give it a try

Nwr442146

Social Credit
Yes there are tons of other works arounds to protect it even more, manthe I think we should give it a try
I don't think you realise how easy it is to get a discord banned for cheating, its not worth the time. Telegram seems like a good idea tho

Airway

Social Credit
it's possible to purge chat every 12 hours, I am in a CSGO cheat's discord and they purge all chats every 12 hours and it's been running for around 6 months

Nwr442146

Social Credit
it's possible to purge chat every 12 hours, I am in a CSGO cheat's discord and they purge all chats every 12 hours and it's been running for around 6 months